Rapidly Evolving Energy Saving Lighting Technologies Replace the Energy Guzzling Incandescent Bulbs, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.

Share Article

GIA announces the release of a comprehensive global report on Traditional Incandescent Bulbs. The global market for Traditional Incandescent Bulbs is forecast to be completely phased out beyond 2015, driven by government mandates worldwide banning production and sale of the energy inefficient bulb.

Traditional Incandescent Bulbs: A Global Strategic Business Report

Follow us on LinkedIn – Energy efficiency in lighting is garnering increased attention worldwide against the backdrop of accelerating energy costs. The pressing concern for reducing CO2 emissions and curbing climate change is leading to the formulation of stricter energy wastage legislations, especially in lighting. As a result, lower-efficiency incandescent bulbs have been phased out in many countries across the globe. Other inefficient technologies that are currently in various stages of phase out by majority of the countries include halophosphate TL lamps, high pressure mercury lamps and EM ballasts for fluorescent lighting. Phasing out of incandescent lamps alone is expected to result in an energy saving of up to 70%, as these bulbs utilize 5.0% of the electricity consumed for producing light and convert the remaining 95% into waste heat.

The years 2013 and 2014 were the last for incandescent bulbs as governments in the United States, Europe and many countries across the world passed measures to completely phase out these bulbs in favour of energy-efficient alternatives. Cuba became the first country to completely phase out production of incandescent bulbs and propagate usage of energy saving bulbs. Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) initially and Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) recently have attracted significant attention as ideal substitutes for incandescent bulbs. Energy efficient LEDs are cannibalizing market opportunities for CFLs, which continues to face challenges such as low light quality and flickering. LEDs score high in terms of not just electricity consumption but operating costs and lifespan. Compared to the average lamp life of incandescent lamps that hover between 1,000-2,000 hours, the lamp life of LEDs extends to 100,000 hours. LED lamp prices are expected to drop steadily in the coming years, offering a critical advantage over CFLs.

As stated by the new market research report on Traditional Incandescent Bulbs, Asia-Pacific represents the largest market worldwide. Asia-Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East are currently the only regions to report incandescent bulb production and sales, while all the other countries have largely phased-out these bulbs.

Major companies covered in the report include Advanced Lighting Technologies Inc., Crompton Greaves Ltd., Feit Electric Company, General Electric Company, Havells India Limited, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Litetronics International Inc., Osram GmbH, and Surya Roshni Ltd.

The research report titled “Traditional Incandescent Bulbs: A Global Strategic Business Report” announced by Global Industry Analysts Inc., provides a comprehensive review of market trends, product launches, mergers, acquisitions and other strategic industry activities. The report provides market estimates and projections for major geographic markets including the US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Middle East & Africa and Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America).

For more details about this comprehensive market research report, please click here

About Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Global Industry Analysts, Inc., (GIA)is a leading publisher of off-the-shelf market research. Founded in 1987, the company currently employs over 800 people worldwide. Annually, GIA publishes 1500+ full-scale research reports and analyzes 40,000+ market and technology trends while monitoring more than 126,000 Companies worldwide. Serving over 9500 clients in 27 countries, GIA is recognized today, as one of the world's largest and reputed market research firms.

Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Telephone: 408-528-9966
Fax: 408-528-9977
Email: press(at)StrategyR(dot)com
Web Site: http://www.StrategyR.com/

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Public Relations
Visit website