Omaha, Neb. (PRWEB) March 04, 2019
Franchising opportunities are growing due to the rapid increase in demand for home care, according to Home Instead Senior Care. There are nearly 50 million people in the U.S. age 65 or older¹. While older adults have traditionally been cared for by family members, today’s shifting demographics mean families are more geographically spread out and less able to provide care for aging loved ones.
What’s more, Home Instead Senior Care franchises report spikes in inquiries for new service following seasonal moments throughout the year when families visit aging loved ones for holidays or family events and notice changes that might indicate a need for home care.
“No matter how far apart families might be geographically, Home Instead can help provide care for loved ones,” said Jeff Huber president and CEO at Home Instead, Inc. “We are looking for people who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and have the heart, soul and passion to serve older adults and their families. With the demand we are experiencing from the growing senior population and trends in long-distance caregiving, there are numerous business opportunities.”
With a global network of nearly 1,200 franchises, Home Instead Senior Care serves 70,000 older adults each day. In 2018, Home Instead saw its highest rate of growth in five years, with even more expected in 2019.
Entrepreneurs interested in becoming part of the Home Instead Senior Care network should consider the following:
- Brand Reputation. The home care industry is unique. Home Instead franchisees work directly with older adults and their families and truly make a difference in their lives. When choosing a franchise partner, it’s important to have the right fit to ensure the company aligns with personal goals and values that will guide the way the business operates.
- Strong Sense of Community. Franchisors set the tone for the brand, but franchisees are the ones connecting with the community and living out the values every day. Home Instead helps its franchise owners learn the importance of dedicating time to their communities, seeking out business opportunities that fill core community needs. Connecting with and building community spirit helps other business leaders gain confidence in franchise owners who are just getting started.
- Corporate Support. Perhaps one of the greatest advantages of opening a franchise is the resources provided by the home office. Joining a franchise network gives franchisees access to many resources, such as marketing, training and development opportunities. Franchisors, like Home Instead, Inc., offer ongoing training opportunities to ensure franchisees are set up to succeed.
- Networking. The energy and drive of other franchise owners can be great motivation. At Home Instead, franchise owners are part of a team, giving peers the advice, support and resources they need to succeed. Networking and collaborating with other franchisees offers great insights into the business and the importance of maintaining an effective work/life balance.
- Team Building. A career as a Home Instead franchise owner also sharpens skills for developing leaders who genuinely care about employees and their goals. It’s important to have the know-how to find employees who are smart and passionate about their business and its customers. No matter how big the business, a well-built team of reliable people helps shoulder the load and keep things moving.
- Innovation. The success of Home Instead can also be attributed to its commitment to innovative programs that help enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. In fact, Home Instead Senior Care was honored by Franchise Business Review, an independent franchisee research firm, as one of its 2018 Top 100 Innovative Franchises based on overall satisfaction with the brand and the likelihood to recommend it to others.
Opportunities in the home care industry will only continue to grow as the population ages and older adults choose to remain at home. However, it will be key for franchisees to choose the right partner to truly succeed and make a difference in the lives of the families they support.
For more information on joining the Home Instead Senior Care network, visit: https://franchises.homeinstead.com/Pages/default.aspx
ABOUT HOME INSTEAD SENIOR CARE
Founded in 1994 in Omaha, Nebraska, the Home Instead Senior Care® franchise network provides personalized care, support and education to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. Today, the network is the world's leading provider of in-home care services for seniors, with more than 1,200 independently owned and operated franchises that provide more than 70 million hours of care annually throughout the United States and 11 other countries. Local Home Instead Senior Care offices employ approximately 80,000 CAREGivers℠ worldwide who provide basic support services that enable seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. Home Instead Senior Care franchise owners partner with clients and their family members to help meet varied individual needs. Services span the care continuum – from providing personal care to specialized Alzheimer’s care and hospice support. Also available are family caregiver education and support resources.