"Bundle layout solves the age-old problem of the hairball," said Brendan Madden, CEO. "By intelligently routing related edges in the same row or column, visibility dramatically improves."
BERKELEY, Calif. (PRWEB) July 01, 2020
Tom Sawyer Software, the global leader in graph and data visualization and analysis technology, announces the release of Tom Sawyer Perspectives 9.1.0. This release features our new Bundle layout. When other layout styles might visualize dense graphs as hairballs, Bundle layout produces clear drawings by bundling together edges that are attached to the same node.
With this layout style, customers can:
- Visualize a large graph in a smaller space
- Quickly get a sense of the structure in a large graph
- Easily determine where to zoom in to see details of a graph
- Create visualizations with especially high information density
"Bundle layout solves the age-old problem of the hairball," said Brendan Madden, CEO. "If the number of edges are several times the number of nodes, the drawing becomes unreadable. By intelligently routing related edges in the same row or column, visibility dramatically improves.
"Many of our customers are visualizing big datasets," continued Mr. Madden. "Bundle layout helps them see the overall structure of their graph so they can gain insight quickly."
The latest release of Tom Sawyer Perspectives includes several other new features and enhancements in addition to Bundle layout. In Tom Sawyer Graph and Data Visualization, customers can now connect to MongoDB 4.2 and Neo4j 4.0 data sources and our Apache TinkerPop integrator supports named graphs in OrientDB. For customers with advanced Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) needs, Tom Sawyer Model-Based Engineering supports new relationship decorations. Tom Sawyer Business Process has improved performance for Neo4j database users and the new ability to override role restrictions for task assignees. And Tom Sawyer Graph Database Browser includes the new Bundle layout for graph databases.
What's New in Tom Sawyer Perspectives 9.1.0
Tom Sawyer Graph and Data Visualization
- New Bundle layout
- Support for MongoDB 4.2
- Support for Neo4j 4.0
- Support for named graphs in OrientDB databases
- Supports new edge decorations with labels
- Support for two-dimensional swimlane drawings
- Improved stability for newly placed and disconnected nodes in hierarchical layout with orthogonal edge routing
- Enhanced animation for drawing changes
- Improved viewport transition after drawing changes
- Improved UI for meta-edges
- Ability to marquee-select nodes inside a swimlane drawing
Tom Sawyer Model-Based Engineering
- Supports new edge decorations with labels
- Ability to group elements by attributes in Block Definition Diagrams
- Ability to group relationships by conveyed item in Internal Block Diagrams
- Ability to customize color settings in various diagram types
- Ability to color relationships in Block Definition Diagrams
Tom Sawyer Business Process
- Improved performance for Neo4j databases
- Ability to override role restrictions for task assignees
Tom Sawyer Graph Database Browser
- New Bundle layout style
These product quality improvements are now available in the production release. To try a free demonstration, click here. Contact us for more details and to learn why leading global organizations such as Airbus, Lockheed Martin, NASA, and Procter & Gamble rely on Tom Sawyer Software for mission-critical solutions.
Request a free evaluation of Tom Sawyer Perspectives 9.1.0.
You can also continue the conversation by following us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Tom Sawyer Software is the leading provider of software and services that enable organizations to build highly scalable and flexible graph and data visualization and analysis applications. These applications are used by enterprises, systems integrators, technology providers, and government agencies to discover hidden patterns, complex relationships, and key trends in large and diverse datasets.
Global 2000 customers use our platform to visualize and analyze social networks; network topologies and IT operations; architectures and models; schematics and maps; and dependencies, flows, and processes. We help organizations federate and integrate their data from multiple sources and build the graph and data visualization applications that are critical to gaining insight and driving operational excellence.