“We are so pleased to introduce the Women Leaders in IO luncheon to this year’s program, as a space for women to come together, share key learnings and discuss how to navigate the workforce." - Kate Woda, Senior Director, IO360°
NEW YORK (PRWEB) January 27, 2023
The Conference Forum announced two initiatives to honor women leaders in immuno-oncology including the publishing of the 4th annual “Women Leadership in Immuno-Oncology” and presenting the first-ever Women Leaders in IO Luncheon at the 2023 IO360º meeting on February 8th at the New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge, in Brooklyn, NY.
“We are living in an exciting time as the field of immuno-oncology advances. More women than ever are working in the space and leading a wide range of scientific programs and initiatives,” said Valerie Bowling, Executive Director, The Conference Forum. “The Women Leadership in Immuno-Oncology series is a sampling of the many incredible women who are working to advance the field of immuno-oncology.”
This issue highlights 17 women who are working to advance IO efforts, and profiles their work at their organizations, their career paths and their advice to other women in science careers.
- Stacey Adam, PhD, AVP, Research Partnerships, Foundation for the National Institutes of Health (FNIH)
- Kelly Clark, Head of US Partnerships and Global Site Development, Merck
- Teresa (Teri) Foy, PhD, SVP, Immuno-Oncology and Cell Therapy, BMS
- Laurie Halloran, CEO, Halloran Consulting Group
- Laura Johnson, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Head of R&D, Verismo Therapeutics
- Shana Kelley, PhD, President, CTO & Co-founder, CTRL Therapeutics
- Barbara Lavery, Chief Program Officer, Alliance for Cancer Gene Therapy
- Wei Li, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Cytovia Therapeutics
- Elaine Long, PhD, Scientific Leader, Immuno-Oncology, GE Healthcare Pharmaceutical Diagnostics
- Marcela V Maus, MD, PhD, Director of Cellular Immunotherapy, MGH Cancer Center and Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Leanne Peiser, PhD, Executive Director, Translational Research, BMS
- Kanya Rajangam, MD, PhD, Chief Medical and Development Officer, Senti
- Isabelle Rivière, PhD, Director, Cell Therapy and Cell Engineering Laboratory, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Ana Rosa Sáez Ibáñez, PhD, Research Analyst, Clinical Accelerator and Venture Fund, Cancer Research Institute
- Barbra Sasu, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, Allogene Therapeutics
- Leah Sibener, PhD, Co-founder, VP, Head of Therapeutic Discovery, 3T Biosciences
- Shivani Srivastava, MD, VP, Development Program Lead, Cell Therapy Development, BMS
The entire profile series can be accessed by clicking here.
The Women Leaders in IO luncheon, February 8, 2023 will include a panel that addresses both the challenges and opportunities for women working in immuno-oncology, such as unconscious bias, negotiation skills and career advice.
“We are so pleased to introduce the Women Leaders in IO luncheon to this year’s program,” said Kate Woda, Senior Director, IO360º, “as a space for women to come together, share key learnings and discuss how to navigate the workforce.”
The discussion will be moderated by:
- Katie McCarthy, Chief Innovation Officer, Halloran Consulting Group
- Jill O’Donnell-Tormey, PhD, CEO & Director, Scientific Affairs, Cancer Research Institute (CRI)
The panelists are:
- Lisa Butterfield, PhD, Adjunct Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco (UCSF)
- Priti Hegde, PhD, CSO, Foundation Medicine
- Rosanna Ricafort, MD, VP and Head, Cellular Therapy Clinical Development, BMS
- Raluca Verona, PhD, Head, Heme Malignancies, Translational Research, Janssen R&D
To learn more about the event, visit io360summit.com
About Immuno-Oncology 360º:
IO360˚ is an annual conference in NYC that convenes key stakeholders spanning the science and business communities to report on the latest data impacting immuno-oncology to fight a wider range of cancers.
About the Conference Forum:
The Conference Forum is a life science industry research firm that develops conferences primarily around how to get therapeutics to patients faster. They examine and challenge the complex ecosystem of drug development and delivery, bringing ideas together from a variety of sources to help advance clinical research with common goals that are patient-focused. The company also publishes six newsletters and produces PharmaTalkRadio and virtual events.