“It’s a tell-tale sign that DITA is becoming more and more widely adopted and that our CCMS solution is ready to support the documentation needs of any and all industries.” - Eric Bergeron, CEO at IXIASOFT
Montreal, Canada (PRWEB) March 11, 2015
IXIASOFT, a global leader in the component content management systems (CCMS) marketplace, is proud to announce its sponsorship of and participation in the 2015 Content Management Strategies/DITA North America conference being held April 20-22 in Chicago, Illinois.
IXIASOFT DITA Information Architect, Keith Schengili-Roberts, and DITA Specialist, Leigh W. White, will present at this year’s conference hosted by the Center for Information Development Management (CIDM), along with a variety of IXIASOFT DITA CMS customers.
“CM Strategies/DITA North America is a wonderful event that we look forward to being a part of every year. We’re extremely happy to see so many of our customers presenting in addition to our own DITA experts, Keith and Leigh,” says Eric Bergeron, CEO at IXIASOFT. “It’s a tell-tale sign that DITA is becoming more and more widely adopted and that our CCMS solution is ready to support the documentation needs of any and all industries.”
Schengili-Roberts will present, “Not just for software: How and why DITA has spread to other industry sectors”. His presentation will address the growing popularity of DITA usage among non-software firms, focusing primarily on the semiconductor and medical device sectors.
White will present, “Key Scopes in DITA 1.3”. A hot topic among DITA users, DITA 1.3 is the next version of the DITA standard and introduces key scope, which potentially allows multiple definitions of a key within a single output scope. Her presentation will explain what key scope is, how it works, and offer several examples of how key scope can be used in both simple and complex scenarios.
IXIASOFT DITA CMS customers will also be presenting at this year’s conference:
- “How DITA transformed content delivery at Altera: One company's journey” by Severin Foreman, Manager and Information Architect, and Sergio Brizuela, Technical Communications Manager at Altera Corporation
- “Without a Web CMS: How BlackBerry built a documentation web portal using cutting-edge web technologies” by Jason Liu, Senior Systems Software Developer, InfoDev Development at BlackBerry®
- “Leveraging open source components to improve the user experience of your documentation” by Anna Hartman, Development Manager at SAP
- “Much Ado About Templates: Reduce the learning curve and increase productivity at DITA implementation” by Richard Perry, Publication Team Manager and Catherine Long, Technical Editor at Varian Medical Systems
- “Evolution of content management strategies for complex product release scenarios” by Chris Morrison and Charity Fretty, both Principal Information Developers and Information Architects at Infor
- “DITA Alchemy: Strategies for converting both code and writers to DITA” by Toni Mantych, Information Architect at ADP
- “Learning to love 6am: Developing a global information model with a distributed team” by Fiona Hanington, Information Architect at Ericsson.
Conference attendees will also have the opportunity to see the IXIASOFT DITA CMS in action during a presentation by DeltaXML, an IXIASOFT technology partner. This presentation, “DITA branch and merge: a dream or a nightmare”, will expose the technology that DeltaXML developed to compare DITA topics. IXIASOFT will then demonstrate an application of this comparison technology in its DITA CMS solution.
IXIASOFT is a proud member of CIDM. They will also be exhibiting and providing demos of their component content management solution, the IXIASOFT DITA CMS. Learn more about this year’s event and register at cm-strategies.com.
About IXIASOFT: Founded in 1998, IXIASOFT is a trusted global leader in the XML content management software industry. Its signature product DITA CMS is an award winning, end-to-end component content management solution (CCMS) deployed by industry leaders such as SAP®, ARM®, AMD and BlackBerry®. From authoring to reviewing, localizing and publishing, DITA CMS provides all the tools required for large, global organizations to support their entire DITA documentation process. IXIASOFT is also the developer of TEXTML Server, a native XML database and powerful search engine. IXIASOFT solutions are accessed by thousands of users worldwide in various vertical markets such as software, hi-tech, newspaper, and medical device manufacturing.
For more information, please visit ixiasoft.com or connect with IXIASOFT on Twitter and LinkedIn. Already a DITA CMS user? Join the IXIASOFT DITA CMS User Group on LinkedIn.