The medical cannabis market is steadily growing in Canada. It has an estimated market value of $80-$100 million. Add to that recreational cannabis and the estimates soar to $5 billion.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) May 10, 2016
Jane, the kiosk solution that helps cannabis retailers serve more customers and sell more product, announced that their chief executive officer, David Ellerstein, will be speaking on the financial services panel at the Canadian Cannabis Business Conference hosted by The Canadian Institute. The panel will take place Thursday, May 26, 2016 at 1:00pm ET at the Toronto Hilton in Toronto, Canada.
The medical cannabis market is steadily growing in Canada. It has an estimated market value of $80-$100 million. Add to that recreational cannabis and the estimates soar to $5 billion. As the federal government drafts regulations for Canada’s legalized recreational marijuana industry, Canadian businesses want to know how to prosper in this new industry, and how to build responsible and sustainable business practices that can bridge this time of regulatory uncertainty. This panel will address what needs to be done to overcome these challenges and discuss specific topics including:
- How large financial institutions are preparing for this emerging industry
- What banks and institutional investors are doing for businesses now and what they see for the future
- Understanding industry risks and mitigating ‘black market’ issues, such as money laundering
- How to prepare for industry consolidation, mergers and acquisitions
- Going public considerations, public company reporting, accessing SRED credits, etc.
Along with David, the panel moderated by Hugo Alves of Bennett Jones LLP, will be comprised of industry thought leaders and experts including:
- Khurram Malik, Cannabis Lead, Jacob Capital Markets
- Daniel Pearlstein, Analyst Equity Research, Dundee Capital Markets
- Brian Lawson, Region Head & VP Commercial Services, Alterna Financial Group
- Jill Lamoureux, Consultant & Analyst, BOTEC Analysis
For more information on the panel visit: http://www.CanadianInstitute.com/CCBC.
At Jane we understand the many banking, operational and regulatory challenges facing cannabis retailers. Our mission is to empower cannabis retailers with the tools to grow their business in a secure, compliant and efficient manner while fulfilling the desire of today’s consumers for greater control over their shopping experience. The Jane kiosk is a cash management solution for legal medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries. Jane was developed by a team with over 100 years of combined experience in payments, banking, kiosks and cannabis, who are laser focused on driving measurable results for dispensary owners. Learn more at http://www.trustjane.com.