A healthy you in 2015
Janesville, WI (PRWEB) December 28, 2014
As 2015 nears, Mercy Health System's Cardiac Fitness Center is again renewing efforts to educate individuals on the importance of exercise and fitness for good health.
A regular exercise routine can:
- Help lower blood pressure
- Improve cholesterol numbers
- Help manage blood sugar
- Help manage stress
- Increase energy levels
- Decrease feelings of fatigue
- Help manage weight
- Improve self-confidence and self-esteem
- Help decrease risk of diseases
- Improve overall daily functioning and quality of life
(An exercise prescription) for improved heart health includes 5 factors:
- Mode: Walking, biking, swimming, etc.
- Frequency: 5-7 days per week
- Duration: A minimum of 150 minutes per week
- Intensity: Moderate exercise should feel fairly light to somewhat hard
- Progression: Start slow and gradually increase your time and intensity
3 steps to start a program:
- Individuals considering starting an exercise program should talk with a doctor to get their approval. It is important to ask about any precautions one might need to take.
- Write out an exercise plan.
- Implement the plan.
Exercise side effects:
- Muscle soreness and injury: Don’t overdo it.
- Physical effort or exertion
- Time commitment
For more information about healthy exercise, please contact Mercy's Cardiac Fitness Center at (608) 755-7996 or visit online at: MercyHealthSystem.org/Location/Cardiac-Fitness-Center