London (PRWEB UK) 23 June 2014
Lunacloud is pleased to announce that Cloud Jelastic, a next generation cloud platform service for Java and PHP applications, based on Jelastic’s technology, has been updated to its latest version 2.2.
Jelastic, the first solution that is able to deliver Platform-as-Infrastructure combining both PaaS and IaaS into a single, turnkey cloud solution, added the industry’s most comprehensive Ruby support, a new API combined with the industry’s only GUI for improved simplicity for developers, and a one-click app marketplace.
From now on, with the new improvements that Cloud Jelastic 2.2 offers, Ruby architects and developers can deploy new or legacy applications to the cloud without any code changes, providing them with a scalable, highly-available and secure environment in seconds, making it ideal for more demanding agile development and DevOps practices.
Jelastic PaI 2.2 offers several new key product features including:
- BYOA for Java, PHP and now Ruby – Only Jelastic PaI 2.2 offers a “Bring Your Own App” feature that supports any Ruby app, Ruby version or library engine including Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, Rack, Ramaze, Exex.JS, all ruby gems, JRuby and GIT/SVN, without the need to change or recode, eliminating vendor lock-in and saving countless hours of recoding.
- High-performance Ruby support – Jelastic offers the latest Ruby app servers with load balancing for the highest performance. For example, Jelastic offers fast, easy configuration of Unicorn, Puma or Passenger with NGINX via the GUI or API.
- Unlike other PaaS providers, Jelastic’s Ruby support offers full access to configuration files for performance tuning and customization, providing leading flexibility for developers and DevOps.
- New One-Click App Marketplace offers 200+ popular apps available for one-click set-up and deployment from Jelastic’s GUI, saving time by automatically installing and configuring the application.
- Additional OpenShift Cartridge Support - added support for Jetty8 and 9, JBoss 7 and Apache 2.2.
- New SSH support for remote programmatic access to servers.
- New collaboration features allowing environments to be shared among users or groups of users.
- Improved high-availability and backup features.
- Beta support for Python.
- Support for JDK version 8.
“There is strong, growing demand among developers, IT operations and DevOps teams to leverage multiple languages and multiple infrastructures without sacrificing time-to-market, quality or uptime - the type of service provided by Jelastic,” said Jay Lyman, 451 Research Senior Analyst.
With this service update, Lunacloud ensures an even more complete range of hosting solutions in a public cloud, for Java, PHP and now Ruby applications, that allows developers to deploy and manage their applications in seconds. Cloud Jelastic is the first and single solution to offer fully automatic horizontal and vertical application scaling in a cloud environment. The management console is highly intuitive, similar to the current management console of Lunacloud’s existing infrastructure services, Cloud Server and Cloud Storage.