Fraser holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Oxford University in England and is on the board of advisers to a Silicon Valley artificial intelligence (AI) startup
SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) April 17, 2019
Jill Milan®, a provider of luxury fashion and accessories, announced that founder and CEO Jill Fraser will speak on a panel during the INNOVISION: Fashion Matrix | Fashion Tech Conference during Tech Fashion Week. Fraser is featured on a panel entitled “Future of Retail: IoT & Consumer Behavior” scheduled for 6:30 p.m. today at Target Open House in San Francisco.
Fraser holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Oxford University in England, is on the board of advisers to a Silicon Valley artificial intelligence (AI) startup and served on the board of directors of the Institute for International Film Financing.
Fraser’s interest in animal causes prompted her to found Jill Milan, which launched in 2011. “I couldn’t find luxury-quality handbags that were not made of leather or other animal-derived materials,” Fraser said. Jill Milan has subsequently expanded its product offerings to include other sustainable animal-friendly fashion and accessories. The company has contributed more than 10 percent of revenue to non-profit organizations working on behalf of animal welfare causes, as well as charities supporting women.
Jill Milan appears frequently on the red carpets of Hollywood, New York and Europe. Celebrities carrying Jill Milan for red-carpet appearances include:
- Elizabeth McGovern of “Downton Abbey” carried Jill Milan’s Art Deco Clutch to the New York premiere of her new film “The Chaperone.”
- Anne Hathaway has carried Jill Milan to the premieres of a number of her films, including “Ocean’s 8” and “Les Miserables.”
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence carried Jill Milan to events such as the American Film Institute Awards.
- Singing duo Maddie and Tae – Maddie Marlow and Tae Dye – carried Jill Milan to the Country Music Association Awards where their debut video for “Girl in a Country Song” was recognized as Music Video of the Year.
- Amy Poehler carried the Art Deco Clutch when she was both nominee and presenter for the Emmy Awards.
- Singer Miranda Lambert carried Jill Milan to the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington D.C. in December and previously carried the brand to American Country Music Awards.
- Academy Award nominee Hailee Steinfeld carried the Disc Clutch to the MTV Video Music Awards and the Holland Park Clutch to Vanity Fair’s Oscar Party.
- Kerry Washington of television’s “Scandal” carried Jill Milan’s Holland Park clutch to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and has carried Jill Milan to a number of her film premieres.
- Katie Lowes, Ms. Washington’s “Scandal” co-star, carried Jill Milan clutches to the Golden Globes and the Emmy Awards.
- Actress Margot Bingham carried the Holland Park Clutch to the SAG Awards.
- Joanne Frogatt of “Downton Abbey” carried the 450 Sutter Clutch to the Golden Globes.
- Actress Ginnifer Goodwin carried the New Canaan Clutch to the People’s Choice Awards.
- Sarah Hyland of the ABC series “Modern Family” carried the Art Deco Clutch to the People’s Choice Awards and to a Golden Globes party.
- Laila Ali carried the Laurel Canyon Clutch to the Soul Train Music Awards.
- Actress Jena Malone carried the Art Deco Clutch to the premiere of her film “Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1.”
- Felicity Jones of “The Theory of Everything” carried the Laurel Canyon Clutch to the Hollywood Film Awards.
- Jane Fonda carried the Holland Park Clutch to the premiere of her film “This is Where I Leave You” at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Actress Jessica Lucas carried Jill Milan to the screening of her show “Gracepoint.”
- Actress Katharine McPhee carried the 450 Sutter Clutch to Entertainment Weekly’s pre-Emmys Party.
- Rashida Jones of the NBC series “Parks and Recreation” and Bryce Dallas Howard of the film “The Help” carried Jill Milan clutches to the Golden Globes.
- Actress Fiona Gubelmann of television’s “The Good Doctor” carried Jill Milan as a presenter at The Genesis Awards and to numerous premieres.
- Jordana Brewster, star of televisoin’s “Dallas” and the “The Fast and the Furious” film franchise, has carried the New Canaan Clutch.
- Actress Hilary Duff carried the Holland Park Clutch to the iHeart Radio Awards.
- Nicole Anderson of ABC Family’s “Ravenswood” carried Jill Milan to a SAG Awards pre-party.
- Singer Carrie Underwood carried the Jill Milan Holland Park Clutch to the CMT Artists of the Year awards and attended the American Music Awards carrying the 450 Sutter Clutch.
- Actress Celina Jade carried the Nob Hill Bag to the premiere of “American Dreams” at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Actress Stana Katic of television’s “Castle” carried Jill Milan to the “Game of Thrones” premiere and to the Film Independent Spirit Awards.
- Jaime King, who as a model appeared in such fashion magazines as Vogue and Mademoiselle, and as an actress appeared in films including “Pearl Harbor” and “Sin City,” carried the Octagon Clutch to the Critics’ Choice Awards.
- Countess Michelle Czernin von Chudenitz is seen frequently in red carpet appearances carrying Jill Milan evening clutches.
- Actress Kristanna Loken, whose films include “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” and who has appeared on television’s “Burn Notice” and “The L Word,” carried Jill Milan to the FilmBall in Vienna, Austria.
Jill Milan handbags have drawn growing attention from influential fashion media. W Magazine has covered Jill Milan in multiple issues, recognizing the Octagon Clutch and Art Deco Clutch in its “Most Wanted” feature, and The Zoe Report recognized the Newbury Street Portfolio for its ability “to go from the office to cocktail hour.”
Other participants on the panel include Josefina Aguayo, director of partnerships at /dev/color; Ken Leung, director of marketing, Cloud Infrastructure Group at Oracle; and Stacy Marquardt, marketing lead, New Ventures & Accelerators at Target. The event will be Target Open House, 115 4th Street, San Francisco.
Fashion Tech Conference seeks to foster an innovative community where influencers, investors, startups, creatives and technologists connect and learn about the future of fashion and retail.
About Jill Milan
Jill Milan is a luxury provider of cruelty-free handbags, apparel and fashion accessories. Made of exquisite materials, Jill Milan handbags are crafted in Italy by artisans who have created handbags and accessories for some of Europe’s best known fashion houses. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-derived materials, and the company contributes to animal-welfare organizations. Jill Milan, founded by Jill Fraser and Milan Lazich, is the only luxury handbag line entirely free of animal-derived materials which regularly appears on Hollywood’s red carpets. Visit Jill Milan on the Web and follow Jill Milan on Facebook.
Jill Milan and the Jill Milan logo are registered trademarks of Jill Milan LLC, and are protected by trademark laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. Emmy is a trademark of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other product and organization names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.