“We expect this discussion to heighten awareness of the importance of standards to the canna-based product industry’s legitimacy and viability,” said Patrick McCarthy, CEO, ValidCare, LLC.
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (PRWEB) June 17, 2019
Among the significant challenges facing the canna-based product industry is the consistency, quality and effectiveness of CBD products. As rapid growth occurs, and new businesses and products emerge, considerable discussion is underway regarding industry regulations and product safety. To help facilitate the industry dialogue, ValidCare, LLC will host an open round table discussion titled “Why Standards Matter,” featuring thought leaders representing various aspects of the canna-product industry.
- Joy Beckerman, Regulatory Officer and Industry Liaison, Elixinol, and President, Hemp Industries Association
- Dr. Robert Kaufmann, Director of Research, Shaman Botanicals
- Christopher Stubbs, Chief Science Officer and Steve Bevan, President GenCanna Global
- Marielle Weintraub PhD, US Hemp Authority
- Patrick McCarthy, CEO, ValidCare LLC (round table moderator and host)
Those working in the canna-based product industry are welcome to attend. Please register here.
The session will be held on Thursday, June 20, from 2-3 PM ET (11 AM-12 PM PT), and will be a moderated discussion with time for live questions from attendees. The discussion will explore issues related to safety, quality, credibility and reliability of products, including:
- Product Origin and Composition: plant derived versus synthetic, U.S. grown versus other locations
- Extraction, Processing and GMP
- Recommended use, safety and labeling
- Changing regulations and how can industry prepare
- What consumers need to know – and what industry needs from them
“We expect this discussion to heighten awareness of the importance of standards to the canna-based product industry’s legitimacy and viability,” said Patrick McCarthy, CEO, ValidCare, LLC. “The panel of thought leaders assembled will help elevate the conversation around product standards, quality and consistency, and help raise the bar for scientists, farmers, processors and retailers, from seed to outcomes.”
# # #
ValidCare, LLC is the market intelligence platform for the canna-based product industry, powered by real-time consumer experiences. Through the ValidCare community, participants including consumers, product suppliers, researchers, and providers, come together to study, educate, measure and document the consumer experience using canna-based products. ValidCare’s proprietary app (CBD+Me™) supports ongoing two-way communication, combining self-reported consumer data with advanced machine learning to deliver aggregated insights that help improve product quality, consistency, effectiveness, and the adoption of industry standards. For more information, visit http://www.validcare.com or call 844-825-4322.