“Our associates are passionate about real estate and passionate about the communities we serve,” said Keller Williams President John Davis.
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) May 14, 2015
On Thursday, May 14, Keller Williams Realty associates around the world donated hundreds of thousands of hours to giving back to their local communities during RED Day. Short for Renew, Energize and Donate, RED Day is a global day of service and volunteerism for 700 offices and 115,000 Keller Williams associates.
“Our associates have developed a culture based on ‘coming from contribution’ in all relationships, and RED Day embodies this belief,” said Keller Williams CEO Chris Heller. “The caring and generous spirit of RED Day carries over into the everyday interactions between our associates and their clients.”
Around the world, associates participated in hundreds of projects to help their local neighborhoods during RED Day including:
- KW Bodrum in Turkey dedicated their time to working on projects for an elementary school for developmentally challenged children.
- Associates from the KW San Diego North Inland office teamed up with Poway Veterans Organization (PVO) and hosted a “Bring a Vet, Write a Check” All-American Breakfast to raise funds for veterans and their families.
- In Queens, New York, team members worked with Family-to-Family on the “Stuffed Shirt” project, gathering personal care products and wrapping them in duffel bags and T-Shirts to distribute to the underserved population in the community.
- KW Corsicana in Texas spent the day with the Navarro County Food Pantry collecting non-perishable food items and delivering RED Bags to the community to encourage donations from the neighborhood.
- In Burlington, Ontario, KW Edge organized a food drive in support of Food4Kids, the Compassion Society of Halton and Reach Out Centre for Kids (ROCK).
- KW Points East in Greenville, North Carolina, spent RED Day picking up litter along Stantonsburg Road, planting flowers in the Serenity Garden at the Leo Jenkins Cancer Center, and helping a Vietnam veteran undergoing cancer treatment with home projects.
- Team members from KW Falls Church in Virginia devoted their time to working on projects at Youth for Tomorrow, an organization that helps at-risk teens.
“Our associates are passionate about real estate and passionate about the communities we serve,” said Keller Williams President John Davis. “No matter where our associates are in the world, our shared commitment to helping our neighbors connects us all on RED Day.”
“We are blessed to be in business with the most kind-hearted people,” said Mo Anderson, Vice Chairman of the Board of Keller Williams. “Their dedication to giving back to those around them is an inspiration to us all.”
About Keller Williams Realty, Inc.:
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is the largest real estate franchise by agent count in the world, with approximately 700 offices and 115,000 associates in more than a dozen countries around the world. In 2015, Keller Williams was named the No. 1 training organization across all industries in the world by Training magazine. The company has grown exponentially since the opening of the first Keller Williams Realty office in 1983, and continues to cultivate an agent-centric, education-based, technology-driven culture that rewards associates as stakeholders. The company also provides specialized agents in luxury homes, commercial and farm and ranch properties. For more information or to search for homes for sale visit Keller Williams Realty online at (http://www.kw.com).