NEW YORK (PRWEB) September 27, 2019
Leica Geosystems, utilizing Trackimo's platform and tracking devices, recently launched LOC8, enabling companies to track assets and expensive devices across geographical boundaries. LOC8 not only functions as an effective tracking and fleet management tool; it is also a great theft-deterrence solution. The first implementation of LOC8 was launched recently with Leica's TS13 Robotic Total Station.
The survey and mapping, civil engineering, and building construction industries can greatly benefit from Leica Geosystems' LOC8 asset tracking platform. The following are the advantages of the asset tracking solutions that Leica Geosystems offers with LOC8:
- Accurate monitoring. LOC8 can accurately track your equipment both indoors and outdoors wherever it is in the world. Its positioning accuracy is at 50 meters with AGPS, 15 meters with WLAN, and down to less than 5 meters with the use of GPS. Location updates are sent to you as frequently as once every minute, so you will always know where your assets are.
- Geofences. With LOC8, you can set up several geofences around your office and job sites and be sure that your assets are exactly where they're meant to be-safe and secure. Also functioning as a fleet management tool, LOC8 sends you alerts when equipment is removed from a predefined safe zone, allowing to optimize assets for higher efficiency. Alerts are sent out via the Trackimo-powered app's push notifications and/or via email.
- Remote locking. Aside from LOC8's tracking and geofencing capabilities, expensive equipment can now be remotely locked with just a touch of a button on a smartphone or desktop app. The operation of the equipment relies mostly on establishing a connection to the installed LOC8 device, so even if the Leica Total Station is not powered on, LOC8 can still lock it, preventing a thief from ever being able to use the device. Once found, the device can be simply unlocked the same way, without the hassle of bringing it to a service center.
- Data link. Trackimo provides a two-way data link to control measuring devices remotely and get real-time data from the field, allowing firmware updates for the device and real-time error reporting, reducing failure rates and helping to identify problems.
- Peace of mind. Now that companies are able to track, locate, and lock their Total Stations, they can obtain insurance coverage and lower premiums. With LOC8 also acting as a theft deterrent, companies can save operational costs in the long run from minimizing downtime due to theft or preventing wasted time locating misplaced devices.
As the world wakes up to more IoT technologies, tracking solutions are proven more effective day by day by LOC8-launched by world-leading technology companies Leica Geosystems and Trackimo.
Trackimo is a world leader in GPS tracking technology. Utilizing Trackimo's platform, Trackimo's GPS trackers are currently sold in partnership with Vodafone, other world-leading cellular providers and high-end world-leading field equipment manufacturers.