Increasing application scope coupled with favorable regulatory scenario and expected economies of scale to drive levulinic acid demand over the next six years
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) March 26, 2014
Global levulinic acid market demand is expected to reach 3,820 tons by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing application scope for levulinic acid, particularly in pharmaceuticals, pesticides, cosmetics and solvents is expected to spur demand growth over the next six years. High R&D spending, particularly to reduce costs to competitive levels is a critical dynamic for market participants, as substitution for synthetic products in potential applications such as fuel additives, polymers, bio-actives can only be achieved at low levulinic acid prices. As of 2013, levulinic acid has emerged as a niche platform chemical in application markets including Methyltetrahydrofuran (MTHF), DALA, ethyl levulinate and Diphenolic Acid, with potential addressable demand estimated to be over 25,000 kilo tons by 2020.
The report “Levulinic Acid Market Analysis and Segment Forecasts to 2020” is available now to Grand View Research customers and can also be purchased directly at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/levulinic-acid-market.
Key industry participants such as DuPont, Segetis and Biofine have already developed patented technologies for levulinic acid commercialization through renewable sources. These companies are presently scouting for potential partners to share risk and cost, while working on reducing product costs. Current levulinic acid costs between USD 5 to 8 per kilo, with a target price of less than USD 1 per kilo, it is expected that the reduced price will open a host of opportunities including energy, transportation, green chemicals and specialty polymers.
Inquiry Before Buying at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/215.
Further Key findings from the study suggest:
- Global levulinic acid consumption was estimated at 2,606.2 tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 3,820 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.7% from 2014 to 2020. Market revenue is expected to reach USD 19.65 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Pharmaceuticals and agriculture applications dominate levulinic acid demand, and accounted for 66% of global volumes in 2013. Agricultural applications include Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2--Methylindole-3-acetic acid.
- North America was the largest consumer of levulinic acid in 2013, accounting for over 41% of the global demand. Regional levulinic acid demand in North America is expected to reach 1,598.3 tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2014 to 2020. The presence of large application industries in the region is the primary reason for high growth and rapid consumption.
- Key companies in the levulinic acid space include DuPont, Segetis and Biofine. These companies presently have technology ready and are in various stages of commercialization and application development. The global market is also characterized by the presence of an unorganized market in China, with key suppliers being Jiangsu Yancheng China Flavor Chemicals Co, Hebei Langfang Triple Well Chemicals Co.Ltd, and Shijiazhuang Pharmaceutical Group Ouyi Pharmaceutical Co Ltd. among others.
Browse Pocket Data Published by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/pocket-data
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global levulinic acid market on the basis of application and region:
- Levulinic Acid Application Outlook,
• Agriculture (Organic potassium fertililizer DALA, 2--Methylindole-3-acetic acid)
• Food Additives
- Levulinic Acid Regional Outlook,
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World
- Bio-based Levulinic Acid Potential Downstream Platform Outlook,
• Methyltetrahydrofuran (MTHF)
• Delta aminolevulinic acid (DALA)
• Diphenolic Acid
Latest Reports Published By Grand View Research:
Global Fluorochemicals Market Expected to Reach USD 24.99 Billion by 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorochemical-market) The global fluorochemicals market is expected to reach USD 24.99 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Positive demand outlook from key application markets such as refrigeration, HVAC, aluminum , steel and electronic consumables is expected to drive fluorochemical sales over the next six years. The gradual recovery of automotive industry, especially in Asia and increasing application scope for PTFE in chemical processing, construction, electronics, automotive, cookware and medical is also expected to drive fluorochemical demand over the forecast period.
Global Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Market Expected to Reach USD 38.68 Billion by 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/Intelligent-Transportation-Systems-Industry) The global market for intelligent transportation systems is expected to reach USD 38.68 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for optimizing fuel consumption and reducing emissions is expected to be the key driving force for the market. ITS aids in reducing incidents such as road accidents and boost safety, which is estimated to positively impact demand over the next six years. Increasing need for enhancing existing transportation networks coupled with demand for alleviating traffic congestion is expected to fuel market growth during the forecast period. However, interoperability and standardization issues may restrain the market over the next few years.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519