We also encourage all of our readers to spread awareness of diabetes throughout the year, and not just in November. With the right medical treatment supported by an optimal health and wellness program, people can indeed live life to the fullest!
San Antontio, TX (PRWEB) November 26, 2014
To mark American Diabetes Month which occurs every November, the Editorial Board of Living with a Disability magazine has published an important new article entitled “Healthy Living Tips for those with Diabetes Mellitus.”
The new article highlights that:
- over 20 million Americans suffer from Diabetes Mellitus (DM)
- nearly 80 million people are at risk of developing DM in their lifetime
- someone in the US is diagnosed with DM every 17 seconds
- at the current pace, an estimated 1 in 3 adults will have DM by 2050
- DM kills more people each year than breast cancer and AIDS combined
With respect to DM management and maintenance, the new article recommends that those diagnosed with or at-risk of suffering from DM should:
- follow their doctor’s instructions regarding medication and lifestyle, and immediately escalate any concerns
- eat a nutritious diet consisting of healthy carbs, fiber-rich foods, heart-healthy fish and good fats
- exercise regularly to improve blood circulation
- maintain good hygiene and take particularly good care of their feet and mouth, as well as prevent bacteria build-up
“It’s our hope that this new article will help our readers with diabetes enjoy a better quality of life,” commented Living with a Disability magazine’s associate publisher Joshua C. Eyestone. “We also encourage all of our readers to spread awareness of diabetes throughout the year, and not just in November. With the right medical treatment supported by an optimal health and wellness program, people can indeed live life to the fullest!”
The full text of Living with a Disability Magazine’s new article marketing American Diabetes Month is available at http://howtogetsocialsecuritydisability.com/2014/healthy-living-tips-for-those-with-diabetes-mellitus/
Readers who visit Living with a Disability Magazine’s website will also find a wide range of other helpful articles related to diabetes and several other health conditions. All content is available at no cost, and no membership or subscription is required.
For additional information, media interview requests and advertiser inquiries, contact Editor@FreeDisabilityMagazine.com.
About Living with a Disability
Living with a Disability is full-color print and online magazine that help individuals with various disabling medical conditions live life to the fullest. The print version is available on publication racks in doctor’s offices, health clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, community service agencies, grocery stores, convenience stores and other locations. Those who are unable to pick up a copy of Living with a Disability are invited to email Editor@FreeDisabilityMagazine.com to sign up for a no-cost subscription, which will be sent directly to their home. They can also visit http://www.FreeDisabilityMagazine.com to access hundreds of helpful articles.