Mobile usage has continued to increase, and by claiming 46% of all Q2 2015 Social Logins, has more than doubled since last year.
Edmonton, AB (PRWEB) July 14, 2015
As more businesses aim to increase website engagement, the popularity of Social Login and Sharing has dramatically increased worldwide.
LoginRadius’ newest statistical analysis of its platform use by 150,000 websites, with over 340 million monthly users, revealed insight into the growing popularity of Social Login and Social Sharing for Q2 of 2015.
While Facebook remains the Social Login king with 92% of websites offering the network as a login option and 68% of users choosing to use it, Google+ continues to gain ground as the second most preferred network for both websites and users.
“Right now businesses struggle to understand consumer preferences when it comes to social. This is preventing them from creating effective marketing and engagement strategies,” says Rakesh Soni, co-founder and CEO of LoginRadius.
“We completed this statistical analysis to help educate those businesses, and to provide a better understanding of social media trends.”
The Status of Social in Q2 2015:
1. 25-34 year olds are now the heaviest users of Social Login at 36%, making it the first time that the younger 18-24 year old group has not been in this number one spot.
2. Mobile usage has continued to increase, and by claiming 46% of all Q2 2015 Social Logins, has more than doubled since last year.
3. While Android users still lead the device pack by conducting 22% of all Social Logins, iPhone users doubled their usage in the last quarter bringing it up to 12%.
4. In Europe, Google+ made aggressive gains on Facebook as the Social ID preferred most by users for Social Login. Conversely, the gap between these top two providers was widened in Asia, North America, and South America.
5. Facebook and Twitter are still the clear Social Sharing provider favourites with 57% and 16% of all Social Shares being conducted on these two major networks. Google+ claims a distant 3rd position at 8%, while Pinterest shows slow but constant growth.
Download the full report here: Social Login & Sharing Analysis - Q2 2015.
“Not only does this report show social media trends, but it also helps businesses optimize user experience and engagement strategies. Businesses now know what their target audience prefers when it comes to social,” says Deepak Gupta, the company’s CTO and co-founder.
“As an industry leader, LoginRadius will continue to provide statistical knowledge, in an effort to simplify how people connect to the web.”
LoginRadius’ Customer Identity Platform helps businesses to simplify customer registration, centralize profile data, and amplify marketing ROI by seamlessly integrating with third party applications. The platform now serves over 150,000 businesses, with a monthly reach of 340 million users worldwide.
LoginRadius is partnered with industry leaders such as Amazon, Mozilla, Google, and Microsoft, to simplify how people connect to the web. LoginRadius continues to build partnerships with cloud applications and web agencies to help their clients manage their customer identities.
LoginRadius was named one of Canada’s Top 25 Up and Coming Technology Companies by The Branham Group. It is headquartered in Edmonton, Canada, with offices in the USA and India. For more information, visit http://www.loginradius.com.