Increasing focus on light weight and superior surface finish in plastic products expected to drive demand
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) September 23, 2014
Global LPA market is expected to reach USD 1,022.3 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View research, Inc. Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) implemented by the U.S. government for improving fuel economy has been a key factor for market development. Metal components are being replaced by lighter plastic parts which are expected to play a vital role in affecting the dynamics of the LPA market. SMC and BMC are expected to be used in a variety of automotive components, thereby spurring LPA demand over the forecast period.
SMC and BMC were the most dominant LPA application markets, with demand estimated at 174.3 kilotons in 2013, owing to improving automotive and construction industry, particularly in Asia Pacific. LPA is extensively used in the pultrusion process as they offer electrical insulation, corrosion resistance and dimensional stability of the final product. This segment is expected to witness significant growth in demand for LPA at an estimated CAGR of 5.5% from 2014 to 2020.
The report “Low Profile Additives (LPA) Market Analysis By Product (PVAc, PMMA, PS, HDPE), By Application (SMC/BMC, Pultrusion, RTM) And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/low-profile-additives-lpa-market
Request a free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/low-profile-additives-lpa-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global low profile additive demand was 280.9 kilotons in 2013 and is expected to reach 406.3 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2014 to 2020.
- PVAc was the largest used low profile additive, with global demand at 113.8 kilotons in 2013 and is expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 5.8% from 2014 to 2020. PVAc is highly preferred as it is compatible with all major unsaturated polyester resins and provides superior surface finish with zero shrinkage.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional consumer of LPA, accounting for 59.2% of global demand in 2013. China is expected to be a key market for LPA owing to its status as the largest automotive manufacturer in the world along with being the fastest growing infrastructural economy.
- Key market participants include Ashland Inc, CCP Composites, Reichhold Chemicals Inc, Arkema, Wacker AG, Cray Valley Hydrocarbon Specialty Chemicals, Momentive specialty Chemicals Inc, Polyone Corporation, Lucite International and FRP Services & Company.
Browse all reports of this category by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/specialty-bio-based-and-water-soluble-polymers
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global LPA market on the basis of application, product and region:
- LPA Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Polyvinyl Acetate (PVAc)
• Polymethyl Methacrylate (PMMA)
• Polystyrene (PS)
• High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- LPA Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Sheet Molding Compounds and Bulk Molding Compounds (SMC/BMC)
• Resin Transfer Molding (RTM)
- LPA Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all ongoing reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies, ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Related reports by Grand View Research
Fluorochemicals Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorochemical-market
The global fluorochemicals market is expected to reach USD 24.99 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. The positive demand outlook from key application markets such as refrigeration, HVAC, aluminum, steel and electronic consumables is expected to drive fluorochemical sales over the next six years.
Activated Carbon Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/activated-carbon-market
The global market for activated carbon is expected to reach USD 5,305.0 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing activated carbon applications for mercury removal in coal-fired power plants, coupled with MATS regulatory standards set by the EPA and similar regulations by REACH is expected to drive activated carbon demand over the next six years.