Mapex’s new Black Panther snares offer drummers three distinct sounds, sizes, and shell materials to meet their musical needs. Along with sounding incredible, these handsome instruments will also complement any kit regardless of its finish or color.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) April 02, 2015
Vic’s Drum Shop in Chicago, America’s largest independent drum retailer, is stocking three new Black Panther snare drums that are manufactured by the Mapex Drum Company. The instruments reflect the unique personalities and signature sounds of legendary drummers Chris Adler, Matt Halpern, and Russ Miller, who created the drums in conjunction with Mapex.
"Mapex’s Black Panther snares offer drummers three distinct sounds, sizes, and shell materials to meet their musical needs,” says Victor Salazar of Vic’s Drum Shop. “Along with sounding incredible, these handsome instruments will also beautifully complement any kit regardless of its finish or color.”
The new Black Panther snares are available in the following models:
Warbird, created by Matt Adler (Lamb of God, Testament, With Protest The Hero)
- custom engraved with Adler’s Warbird design
- 12” x 5.5” 6 Ply maple/walnut shell
- delivers an intense, dark punch when tuned low and an explosive pop when cranked high
- with the addition of the SONIClear™ Bearing Edge, the drum’s sounds are biting, powerful, and quick
Wraith, created by Matt Halpern (Periphery)
- bone-dry, winter-sharp; the ghost notes whisper while the backbeat wails
- 14” x 6” 1.2mm brass shell
- the drum’s nine vents in the shell bring a touch of dryness to the overall sound best described as warm, open, and explosive
Versatus, created by Russ Miller (voted as being among the top five studio drummers in the world by the Modern Drummer Magazine Readers Poll)
- brings a balance of power and finesse
- 14” x 4.58” hybrid mahogany/maple shell
- delivers a sound that is warm, open, and explosive
- using a unique combination of bearing edges with reinforcement on the batter side and a rounded non-reinforced 35° bearing edge on the snare side, the drum possesses versatility, articulation, and control
Each snare model includes a picture booklet that was signed by the artist.
Warbird, Wraith and Versatus all feature the Black Panther cylinder-drive strainer that uses a self-lubricating bearing to ensure smooth operation while providing control of the snare tension. The cylinder drive strainer also provides a tactile click as it’s turned, and the adjustment dial employs micro-lock technology for precise control. With Sonic Saver Hoops as standard equipment, the gap is bridged between flanged hoops and die-cast hoops. A unique shaping process creates a profile that reduces wear and tear to both sticks and hands while dramatically enhancing the response and feel of every rim shot. All drums are equipped with the artist’s personal choice of snare drum heads and snare wires.
Mapex’s new Black Panther snare drums are currently available at Vicsdrumshop.com.
About Vic’s Drum Shop:
Opened in 2011, Vic’s Drum Shop is Chicago’s only dedicated drum and percussion shop as well as America’s largest independent drum retailer. Our mission is to build, support, and promote the drum community by providing excellence in customer service, product offerings, and education. Vic’s Drum Shop is a shopping destination for drummers of all skills levels and backgrounds from around the world, as well as the world’s most elite drumming and percussion professionals - including Steve Smith, Mike Portnoy, Simon Phillips, Terry Bozzio, Gavin Harrison, Mike Mangini, Jack DeJohnette, Bernard Purdie, Jojo Mayer, Dave Weckl, Kenny Aronoff, Will Calhoun, Stanton Moore, Jimmy Chamberlin, Virgil Donati, Jimmy DeGrasso, Hannah Ford Welton, Jerry Gaskill, Jim Riley, John Riley, Derek Roddy, Danny Seraphine, Todd Sucherman, Nathaniel Townsley, Tony Allen, Chad Wackerman, Billy Ward, and many more.