Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) December 11, 2013
The term “Wireless Network Infrastructure” has conventionally been associated with macrocell Radio Access Network (RAN) and mobile core network infrastructure, which research estimates to account for nearly $52 Billion in spending by the end of 2014.
However, the scope of the term is expanding as wireless carriers increase their investments in Heterogeneous Network or HetNet infrastructure encompassing WiFi, small cells, Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), Remote Radio Heads (RRH) and the emerging Cloud RAN concept. Driven by the promise of added capacity and coverage with minimum investment in additional spectrum, HetNet infrastructure is expected to account for nearly $17 Billion in spending by the end of 2014.
While macrocell RAN spending is forecast to decline at a CAGR of 3% over the next 6 years, research estimates that the overall wireless network infrastructure market encompassing macrocell RAN, HetNet, mobile core and backhaul infrastructure will witness tremendous growth over the coming years. Growing at a CAGR of over 5%, the market will account for over $104 Billion in annual spending by the end of 2020.
The “Wireless Network Infrastructure Bible: 2014 – 2020 - Macrocell RAN, Small Cells, RRH, DAS, Cloud RAN, Carrier WiFi, Mobile Core & Backhaul (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/271714-the-wireless-network-infrastructure-bible-2014-2020-macrocell-ran-small-cells-rrh-das-cloud-ran-carrier-wifi-mobile-core-backhaul.html)” report presents an in-depth assessment of 9 individual submarkets of the wireless network infrastructure opportunity.
Complimenting this growth would be over $1 Billion worth of annual R&D investments on 5G mobile technology by wireless carriers, vendors and vertical market players alike, in a bid to further enhance the capacity, speed and performance of future mobile networks.
The report has the following key findings:
- Between 2014 and 2020, the 2G, 3G & 4G wireless network infrastructure market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 5%
- Vendors are increasing their focus on profit margins. Many are already cutting staff, embracing operational excellence, evolving their new business models, acquiring niche businesses and expanding their managed services offerings
- New CapEx commitment avenues such as HetNet infrastructure and virtualization will usher industry restructuring. The wireless network infrastructure market will consolidate so as to eliminate one of the current global players by 2020
- As wireless carriers look to offload traffic from their overburdened macrocell infrastructure, HetNet infrastructure will represent a market worth $43 Billion in 2020
- Operators will ramp up on backhaul, aggregation, transport, routing based on IP and Ethernet technologies for offering mobile broadband services
- Developing market growth will be a significant factor during the forecast period, with China and India seeing some of the highest levels of growth, both in terms of shipments and in the size of their installed base. After 2014, developing countries and their requirements will begin to shape future infrastructure technologies and architectures
- Due to the investments in a single RAN technology, future LTE investments will cost much less than early investments of the technology
- Supplemented with a drive towards virtualization, a limited amount of hardware installation will be needed when wireless carriers upgrade to LTE in the future
- From 2016 onwards wireless carriers and vendors will spend at least $1 Billion per annum in R&D spending to drive standardization and commercialization of 5G technology
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE) subscriptions will surpass 700 Million by 2020
Buy a copy of report at http://www.reportsnreports.com/purchase.aspx?name=271714.
- Up-to-date coverage of market dynamics allowing wireless network infrastructure vendors to analyze the opportunities and challenges of selling to wireless carriers in different regional markets
- Analysis of demand and supply of wireless infrastructure and the strategies of the key vendors. Research includes quantitative and qualitative market assessments as well as the forecasts of market trends, technology requirements and deployment strategies
- Market analysis and forecasts for 9 individual submarkets and their subcategories: macrocell Radio Access Network (RAN), mobile core, macrocell backhaul, Remote Radio Heads (RRH), Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), small cell RAN, cloud RAN, small cell backhaul and carrier WiFi
- Exclusive interview transcripts from 2 of the largest wireless network infrastructure (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/268827-wireless-infrastructure-market-shares-strategies-and-forecasts-worldwide-2013-2019.html) vendors; Ericsson and NSN
- Mobile network CapEx commitments per region
- Mobile network subscriptions, traffic projections and service revenue by technology and region
- An assessment of 5G technology, initiatives and R&D commitments
Other Related Reports:
- The HetNet Bible (Small Cells and Carrier WiFi) - Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies and Forecasts: 2013 – 2020 – With an Evaluation of DAS & Cloud RAN (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/247378-the-hetnet-bible-small-cells-and-carrier-wifi-opportunities-challenges-strategies-and-forecasts-2013-2020-with-an-evaluation-of-das-cloud-ran-report-.html): Small cells and carrier WiFi deployments to account for nearly $352 Billion in mobile data service revenues by the end of 2020, while overall spending on HetNet infrastructure is expected to reach $42 Billion annually during the same period.
- Small Cells and Femtocells: Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2013 to 2019 (http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/269794-small-cells-and-femtocells-market-shares-strategies-and-forecasts-worldwide-2013-to-2019.html): Small cell and femtocell market shipments forecast analysis indicates that markets at $420 million in 2012 are forecast to reach $5.98 billion by 2019. Market growth comes because there is no other way to build out wireless data infrastructure in an economical manner. The delivery of apps is anticipated to grow to a $236 trillion, yes trillion dollar, market by 2019. This means a lot of data streaming around.
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research reports (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) library of 200,000+ reports and in-depth studies of 5000+ micro markets.