Winnipeg, MB (PRWEB) September 29, 2014
Three of Meditek’s service technicians have recently celebrated work anniversaries of 30, 26 and 20 years respectively.
- Mirek Hondl, Senior Technician = 30 years in September, 2014
- Thanh Nguyen, Rebuild Technician = 26 years in September, 2014
- Rick Toralba, Assistant Technician = 20 years in July, 2014
In today’s workplace, the turnover rate of employees has never been higher. According to a Forbes study, the average length of time that a person will stay at a job is 4.4 years. Interestingly, Millennials (born between 1977-1997) expect to stay at a job for less than 3 years.
“In thirty years of hard work servicing surgical tables, from crank handles and pump pedals to wireless hand controls, voice command and integration orcs positioning control of table functions, from cast iron to carbon fibre, I have seen it all,” explains Mirek Hondl, Senior Technician at Meditek.
Meditek focuses on several aspects in building and maintaining a strong employee base.
- Workplace flexibility: Human Resources understands the demands of family life and life in general, and as such strive to accommodate Meditek employees where possible.
- Employee contributions: Meditek encourages its employees to come up with new and improved processes and ideas on how to make Meditek more efficient and successful. Many of Meditek’s policies have actually been developed by internal employees as opposed to one director.
- Meditek’s mission and values: Meditek encourages its mission and values to its employees on a daily basis. Employees understand and believe in what Meditek is doing, and that results in the most important thing to Meditek – providing a level of customer service that is unparalleled and uncommon in today’s automated environment.
“Twenty years with Meditek! What comes immediately to mind are the people behind the fast growing company and the family-like atmosphere. I attest to the Meditek reputation of being hard working, fast thinking and willing to do what it takes to deliver satisfaction to the customer. I am personally encouraged to go to work everyday with the knowledge that the Meditek management supports me all the way. Meditek, I am here to stay!” exclaims Rick Toralba.
“I’m a man of few words, but I do have this to say: I’ve been here for over a quarter of a century; need I say more?” states Thanh Nguyen.
Brad Samuels, Marketing Manager
Meditek, centrally located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, provides the Canadian healthcare industry with medical products such as surgical tables, surgical lights and transport stretchers; as well as services such as equipment installation and on-call service. More information about Meditek can be found at http://www.mediteksurgical.ca