Increased adoption of membrane separation systems across industrial applications expected to favorably impact the market over the forecast period.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) October 28, 2014
According to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc., the membrane separation market is expected to witness growth over the forecast period. This can be attributed to factors including growing environmental concerns and government regulations pertaining to water and waste-water treatment. High investments in industrial equipment on account of increasing manufacturing activities are expected to favorably impact market growth over the forecast period. Membrane separation systems help industries re-use waste-water and reduce water footprint. Increased R&D activities and development of membrane separation processes and applications such as hybrid forward osmosis and forward osmosis for water desalination are expected to positively impact market growth over the next few years. Lack of sufficient funds in developing countries along with high operational and installation costs may hamper market growth.
View full report with TOC at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/membrane-separation-market
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Microfiltration emerged as the dominant product segment in 2013, accounting for over 30% of the membrane separation market in the same year. These cost effective membranes are used across a diverse range of applications, which is expected to drive market growth. Ultrafiltration is expected to be a high growth segment, which can be attributed to its ability to retain high concentrates, which help minimize disposable cost for several industries.
- Water & waste-water treatment application segment contributed over 35% to the overall market share in 2013. Growing environmental concerns coupled with stringent regulations related to water and waste-water treatment are expected to drive market growth.
- Europe emerged as the most dominant regional market in 2013, contributing over 35% to the global membrane separation market. Growth across the industrial sector is expected to positively impact the regional market over the next six years. Asia Pacific is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period, which can be attributed to increasing manufacturing activities and stringent regulations related to water and waste-water treatment.
- Key market players include 3M Purification Inc, GEA Filtration., Koch membrane systems, Pall Corporation, Merck Millipore, Nitto Denko Corporation, Veolia Environnement and Dow Chemical Company. Mergers and acquisitions are expected to remain the key growth strategy adopted by majority of the industrial participants.
Request a free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/membrane-separation-market/request
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global membrane separation market on the basis of product, application and region:
Membrane Separation Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Reverse Osmosis
Membrane Separation Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- Water & Waste-water Treatment
Membrane Separation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 – 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse all reports of this category at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/water-and-industrial-sludge-treatment
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Browse all upcoming reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Related Reports by Grand View Research:
Adipic Acid Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts to 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adipic-acid-market
The global market for adipic acid is expected to reach USD 7,240.8 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for nylon resins and fiber from major end use industries such as automotive and electronics mainly in BRIC nations is expected to remain a key driving factor for the market over the next six years.
Adhesives and Sealants Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/adhesives-and-sealants-market
The global market for adhesives and sealants is expected to reach USD 43,195.5 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of construction, automotive and packaging industries, mainly in China, India and Brazil is expected to drive the demand for both adhesives and sealants over the forecast period. However, fluctuation in prices of key feedstocks is expected to remain a primary challenge for industry participants.