“Women Vets Speak” literature pack is an extension of the bureau’s mission to inform the public about the positive aspects of military service and to share women’s insights into leadership, mentoring and successful team building in corporate environments.
San Francisco, CA & Providence, RI (PRWEB) February 18, 2015
In honor of Women’s History Month, the National Women Veterans Speakers Bureau (NWVSB) announces the release of a packaged set of award-winning literature —“Women Vets Speak.” This unique set is a collection of autobiography, leadership, fiction, young adult, biographical history and children’s books written by its members. The “Women Vets Speak” literature pack is an extension of the NWVSB’s mission to inform the public about the positive aspects of military service and to share women’s insights into leadership, mentoring and successful team building in corporate environments.
Formed in 2014, the bureau’s speakers have taken their messages across the country to corporate, military, educational and non-profit organization audiences, to inspire with their unique brand of storytelling gained while serving in uniform. For military service members, these speakers offer valuable, first-hand transition tips from military service to the business world. Now, access to their experiences and leadership material is available in a special set of signed books that includes:
- "All I Could Be: My Story as a Woman Warrior in Iraq" by Miyoko Hikiji, [ISBN: 9781933909585] – a modern-day love and war story between two enlisted Army National Guard soldiers that explores the complexity of romance, harassment, and combat for women in the military, especially during deployment.
- "Believing In Horses" by Valerie Ormond [ISBN: 9780973633023] – This inspiring young adult novel tells the story of a girl in a military family committed to saving unwanted horses.
- "Believing in Horses, Too" by Valerie Ormond [ISBN: 9780973633047] – This standalone sequel to Believing In Horses follows a young girl's adventures in the show ring and with therapeutic riding, while she learns to cope with her father's deployment to Afghanistan.
- "Good Night Captain Mama / Buenas Noches Capitán Mamá" by Graciela Tiscareño-Sato, [ISBN: 9780983476030] – This is the first bilingual (English/Spanish) children’s picture book showing young children (ages 3-8) why women and mommies serve in our nation’s armed forces.
- "Iraq and Back: Inside the War to Win the Peace" by Kim Olson, [ISBN: 9781591145271] – a rare look inside in the earliest days of the Iraqi reconstruction, as seen through the eyes of a senior officer, wife, and mother.
- "Military Fly Moms: Sharing Memories, Building Legacies, Inspiring Hope" by Linda Maloney [ISBN: 9780978736972] – a biographical collection of the inspiring true stories and photographs of seventy women who shared the same two dreams – becoming aviators in the military, and being moms.
- "North of Hope: A Daughter's Arctic Journey" by Shannon Huffman Polson [ISBN: 9780310328766] – a memoir of adventure and moving through tragedy to hope. When Polson's father and stepmother are killed by a grizzly bear in Alaska's remote Arctic wilderness, she retraces their final river trip in a search for understanding.
- "Penelope Pilot and her First Day as Captain" by Lynda Meeks  – a children’s book about a young girl who had always dreamed of being a pilot. Entertaining and educational, this full-color, illustrated book empowers girls to consider non-traditional career opportunities and teaches that Yes, Girls Can Fly!
- "Stepping Stones to Success" (Karen Baetzel, co-author with Deepak Chopra, Jack Canfield & Dr. Dennis Waitle) [ISBN: 9781600134739] – a leadership anthology, where experts share strategies for mastering business, life, and relationships.
Purchase the “Women Vets Speak” literature pack now through March 31st here.
To request a speaker for your conference, association, educational event or corporate training session, please connect with Angel Picon below. Additional information including speaker biographies can be found at the NWVSB website http://www.WomenVetsSpeak.com.
Tel: (415) 694-3004
FOR SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
Tel: (209) 688-0892
The National Women Veterans Speakers Bureau (NWVSB) was founded by and is actively managed by two women veteran-owned businesses —Gracefully Global Group LLC (SBA-Certified WOSB) and MMF Media Marketing LLC. NWVSB is the first organization of its kind, crafted to showcase the powerful voices of our nation’s servicewomen. These women draw from their military service, entrepreneurial, author, and life experiences to train and invigorate team members at every level of your organization. Visit http://www.WomenVetsSpeak.com Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/WomenVetsSpeak and follow us on Twitter @WomenVetsSpeak.