Amityville, NY (PRWEB) February 27, 2015
The winter season is here, and with it comes an increase in mold growth and expansion. When mold grows, it can be harmful to the home and to one’s health. This winter, be sure to avoid the consequences of mold growth with the help of Enviro-Test. Enviro-Test, the mold removal experts on Long Island, is offering tips on the best ways to prevent mold during the winter months.
Winter is a wet season, which makes perfect conditions for mold to thrive. Mold must be removed properly, otherwise there is the risk of it remaining and causing more harm. Professional mold remediation can help to eliminate mold.
To keep mold from affecting one’s lungs and homes, it’s important to follow these tips:
- Keep all areas clean.
- Ensure there is proper air circulation. Use a fan or open a window when showering, cooking or washing the dishes.
- Turn off the water flow to broken appliances and pipes.
- If the basement is wet, be sure to inspect it. Replace any cracked or defective mortar.
- Use moisture-barrier materials and ensure proper ventilation in crawl spaces.
- Cover a damaged roof with a tarp or tent to protect the building from the elements.
- Be sure all seals on windows and doors are in proper, working condition.
- Clean and repair roof gutters regularly.
- If there is any condensation on windows, pipes or walls, dry it out quickly and determine the source of the condensation.
The two most important things for mold prevention are keeping things clean and keeping things dry. If mold is found in the home, be sure to contact Enviro-Test for reliable mold removal services. Call 800-228-7838 for more information.
About the company:
Enviro-Test has been providing professional services on Long Island since 1995, specializing in lead-based paint inspections, mold testing, asbestos testing, risk assessments (dust, water, and soil analysis), and consulting throughout several New York State regions, in both the commercial and residential disciplines. Enviro-Test uses state-of-the-art X-ray Fluorescence technology (non-destructive) to test painted surfaces for lead. Enviro-Test is affiliated with several certified laboratories which provide professional and accurate analysis. Their customers have trusted the Enviro-Test name for close to 20 years now because of their three main principles: honesty, integrity, and accuracy. Their service and reports are thorough, always on time, and their customer care and service is second to none. Visit their website for more information: http://www.envirotestcompany.com.