Some of the key players of this market include Roche Diagnostics, Novartis, Qiagen, bioMerieux, Cepheid, Siemens Healthcare, Hologic, Becton Dickinson and Company, Abbott Laboratories and others.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) June 24, 2014
The global market for molecular diagnostics is expected to reach USD 8,020.1 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for personalized medicine and theranostics, and the subsequent introduction of advanced cancer diagnostic technologies are expected to be key factors driving market growth over the next six years. Moreover, the growing global base of geriatric population and chronic diseases such as cancer, coupled with disease triggering lifestyle habits such as smoking and excessive alcohol consumption will positively impact market growth.
Molecular diagnostic reagent products dominated the overall market, accounting for over 50% of global revenue in 2013. Reagent market revenue is expected to reach USD 4,739.9 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2014 to 2020. High consumption rates of molecular diagnostic reagents and the growing number of research and development initiatives pertaining to the field of molecular diagnostics are two key drivers of this product segment. The point of care end-use market for molecular diagnostics is expected to be the fastest growing product segment, at an estimated CAGR of 13.3% from 2014 to 2020, on account of factors such as the growing demand for point of care diagnostic procedures as an effective diagnostic tool rendering rapid and accurate results and the introduction of government initiatives such as CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) waived tests.
The report “Molecular Diagnostics Market Analysis By Product (Instruments, Reagents), By Technology (PCR, In Situ Hybridization, Chips & Microarrays, Mass Spectrometry, Sequencing), By Application (Oncology, Pharmacogenomics, Infectious Disease, Genetic Testing, Neurological Disease, Cardiovascular Disease) And Segment Forecasts to 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/molecular-diagnostics-market.
Inquiry Before Buying @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/233
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- North America dominated the overall market in terms of revenue share in 2013 at 44.6%. The presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, encouraging government initiatives and high patient awareness levels are some of the drivers of this market. In addition, the presence of enhanced R&D activities in the U.S. pertaining to advanced diagnostic technologies attributes to its large market share.
- The Asia Pacific molecular diagnostics market is expected to grow at the fastest rate of 12.7% from 2014 to 2020. High unmet medical needs in disease segments such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases and the introduction of healthcare reforms in emerging markets such as India and China are some of the factors driving regional market growth.
- PCR based molecular diagnostic technology market revenue was estimated to be USD 2,144.3 million in 2013 and is expected to dominate the market over the next six years. Growing demand for genetic testing as an effective tool to develop personalized medicine based products is one of the most significant growth drivers of this market.
- Oncology applications dominated the overall market in 2013, accounting for over 30% of total revenue. Unmet medical needs, high global prevalence rates of cancer and the introduction of advanced cancer diagnostic technologies such as companion diagnostics are some of the factors accounting for its large market share.
- Some of the key players of this market include Roche Diagnostics, Novartis, Qiagen, bioMerieux, Cepheid, Siemens Healthcare, Hologic, Becton Dickinson and Company, Abbott Laboratories and others.
Browse All Grand View Research Ongoing Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports.
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global molecular diagnostics market on the basis of product and region:
- Molecular Diagnostics Market Product Outlook
- Molecular Diagnostics Market Technology Outlook
• In Situ Hybridization
• Chips and Microarrays
• Mass Spectrometry
- Molecular Diagnostics Market Application Outlook
• Infectious Disease
• Genetic Testing
• Neurological Disease
• Cardiovascular Disease
- Molecular Diagnostics Market End-User Outlook
• Point of Care
• Self Test or OTC
• Hospitals and Clinics
- Molecular Diagnostics Market Regional Outlook
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Rest of the World (RoW)
Global Bisphenol A (BPA) Market By Application (Appliances, Automotive, Consumer, Construction, Electrical & Electronics) Expected To Reach USD 20.03 Billion by 2020: Grand View Research, Inc (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bisphenol-a-bpa-market)
The global market for Bisphenol A (BPA) is expected to reach USD 20.03 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. BPA is largely used for the production of polycarbonates and growing demand of polycarbonates in consumer goods and medical devices is expected to be a key driver for the market. In addition, the growing construction industry and growing BPA demand in automobile industry are expected to further augment market growth. However, health hazards associated with the use of BPA resulting in regulatory pressure is expected to be a key challenge for the industry over the next six years.
Global Fish Oil Market By Application (Aquaculture, Direct Human Consumption) Expected to Reach USD 3,300.0 Million by 2020: Grand View Research, Inc (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fish-oil-market)
The global market for fish oil is expected to reach USD 3,300.0 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Fish oil demand is expected to show significant growth, following increasing human consumption, owing to rising health awareness and benefits provided by omega 3 fatty acids and other nutraceuticals. In addition, accelerating demand for aquaculture is further expected to fuel market growth for fish oil. Volatile fish oil prices, owing to static fish oil production, in contrast to the accelerating demand is expected to be a key challenge for market participants.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519