Multi-Mode Microplate Reader Market Trends 2013 Analysis in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
The report “Multi-Mode Microplate Trends 2013” provides industry-wide global web-based benchmarking survey on multi-mode microplate readers carried out in September 2013.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 08, 2013
The study of Multi-Mode Microplate Trends 2013 was part of its ongoing tracking of life science technologies and marketplaces. The questionnaire was compiled to address the needs and potential interests of the microplate reader vendor community. The main objectives of this global benchmarking Multi-Mode Microplate Trends 2013 were to comprehensively document current end user experiences, opinions, practices and preferences for multi-mode microplate readers, and likely future requirements for such products. A focus of this report update was on what influences future purchasing decisions and the use of new/emerging read modes/application areas. However, a significant number of the questions were unchanged so they can be directly compared with previous reports.
Complete report available @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/multi-mode-microplate-trends-2013-market-report.html .
The survey of Multi-Mode Microplate Trends 2013 collected 114 validated responses, of these 68% provided comprehensive input. Survey responses were geographically split: 37% Europe; 36% North America; 14% Asia (excluding Japan); 9% Rest of World; and 4% Japan. Respondents came from 58 University/Research Institute/Not-for-Profit Facilities; 17 Biotechs; 14 Pharma; 12 Hospitals/Clinics/Medical Schools; 4 Contract Research Organizations; 3 Government/Military /Defense Facilities; 2 Agri Biotechs/Plant Genomics Facilities; 2 Diagnostic Companies; and 2 Others. Most survey respondents had a senior job role or position which was in descending order: 27 research scientists; 18 professors/assistant professors; 15 directors; 14 principal investigators; 10 lab managers; 9 senior scientists/researchers; 8 others; 4 post-docs; 4 section/group leaders; 4 department heads; and 1 vice president. Survey results were expressed as an average of all survey respondents. In addition, where appropriate the data was fully reanalyzed after sub-division into the following 5 survey groups: 1) Pharma; 2) Biotech; 3) Academic Research; 4) Europe; and 5) North America.
The survey looked at the following aspects of multi-mode (MM) plate readers as practiced today (2013) and in a few cases as predicted for the future (2016):
- Current use of multi-mode (MM) plate readers; vendor’s multi-mode (MM) plate readers present in the respondent’s lab.
- Vendor’s multi-mode (MM) plate readers respondents make greatest use of; number of multi-mode (MM) plate readers in the respondent’s lab and average functional lifetime of readers.
- Application areas where multi-mode (MM) plate readers are most used.
- Influence of brand on purchasing selection.
- Preferred brand and duration of brand loyalty; what influences the decision to switch brands.
- The average price paid for a multi-mode (MM) plate reader in the past 3 years.
- Influence of price on a previous purchasing selection.
- Willingness to consider an unknown brand if it offered equal performance at a lower price for the preferred brand.
- Maximum price-point for a fully specified multi-mode (MM) plate reader; relative use of different multi-mode (MM) plate reader detection modalities.
- Current level of interest/uses in label-free detection on a multi-mode (MM) plate reader; whether existing label-free options on a multi-mode (MM) plate reader have met expectations.
- Opinion/preference on the future deployment/availability of label-free on multi-mode (MM) plate reader.
- Multi-mode (MM) plate reader accessible assays/applications respondent’s expect label-free to add more value.
- Opinion on the addition of microscopic cell imaging to a multi-mode (MM) plate reader platform.
- Influence of the availability of cell imaging on some new multi-mode (MM) plate reader platforms on future purchasing consideration of these readers or brands.
- Level of importance on having cell imaging enabled on the respondent’s next purchase of a multi-mode (MM) plate reader.
- Assays which respondent’s current run on multi-mode (MM) plate reader they would like to multiplex (correlate) with microwell cell imaging.
- Opinion on existing provision of fluorescence lifetime (FLT) on specialty plate readers;
- Effect of lack of FLT provision of a multi-mode (MM) reader on readout adoption.
- Usefulness of bulk fluorescence readout in detecting changes in 3D cell cultures derived from various approaches.
- Where multi-mode (MM) plate reader manufacturers should improve their offerings with respect to reading 3D cell cultures.
- Frequency of purchasing a MM plate reader; future plans to purchase a MM plate reader and expected budget allocation.
- Vendor’s MM plate reader systems respondents most want to purchase.
- Where respondents get more product information when considering the purchase of a new MM plate reader?
- What are the main drivers in reaching a purchasing decision for a new MM plate reader?
- Interest in a purchasing a used or refurbished MM plate reader instead of a new reader.
- Customer experience of multi-mode (MM) plate reader vendors with respect to dependability, responsiveness and interactive approach.
Purchase a copy of this report @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/contacts/purchase?rname=118725 .
Browse more reports on Medical Devices Market @ http://www.rnrmarketresearch.com/reports/life-sciences/medical-devices .
RnRMarketResearch.com is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.