First responders and utility employees are often first on the scene following natural disasters,” explained Shazir Khan, CEO of iFactor. “With that in mind, we started this initiative to help provide support for these individuals.
(PRWEB) October 13, 2015
iFactor, the leading utility customer communication solution provider, invites attendees at Chartwell’s EMACS conference and E Source Forum to participate in its “Name Drop to Donate” initiative.
iFactor has pledged to donate $1 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund for every attendee who visits the company at industry events in 2015. To participate in the “Name Drop to Donate” initiative, EMACS and Forum attendees simply need to visit iFactor on the exhibit floors to show their support for the cause by dropping a business card or leaving their name.
“First responders and utility employees are often first on the scene following natural disasters,” explained Shazir Khan, CEO of iFactor. “With that in mind, we started this initiative to help provide support for these individuals.”
During the events, iFactor will also be providing live demos of its customer communication software solutions for:
- Customer Billing and Payments - Improve collections and help meet customer expectations by offering customers the billing and payment options they want.
- Customer Engagement - Increase program participation and improve customer satisfaction by providing customers with instant access to energy usage, account information and integrated home automation functionality.
- Energy Usage Information - Reduce customer energy usage and engage customers with proactive energy usage alerts and messaging.
- Outage Communications - Increase customer satisfaction by being more proactive and transparent during outages.
- Account Management - Keep customers happy by communicating with them in their channel of choice.
For more information about iFactor solutions, visit http://www.ifactorinc.com/solutions/.
iFactor develops software products and delivers complete communication solutions for the utility sector, delivering information to more than 150 million people in North America through deployments at more than 45 utilities. iFactor products and solutions enable utilities to leverage connected technologies such as the web, mobile web, and smartphones to interact with their customers. Visit http://www.ifactorinc.com/ for more information.