Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) October 22, 2014
The National Association for Surface Finishing’s (NASF) Technical Advisory Committee is now seeking industry experts to present on innovative topics for SUR/FIN 2015, scheduled for June 8-10 in Rosemont, Illinois. Abstract submissions for the June 2015 conference are due November 18, 2014.
SUR/FIN is the nation’s premier manufacturing and technology conferences for the industrial finishing industry. Influential engineers, academics and business leaders from around the world are invited to present on emerging technologies and processes set to revolutionize surface technology.
The SUR/FIN 2015 Conference is themed “The Future of Surface Technology,” and will feature 14 sessions representing pertinent industry topics, such as:
- Advances in Surface Finishing Technology & Processes: Advanced plating, finishing and databases
- Regulatory Issues: REACH, air emissions, EPA and OSHA requirements, meeting GHS and SDS requirements
- Electronics Coatings for circuit boards, semi-conductors and chips, pattern and selective plating
- Aerospace & Defense: Inorganic and organic coatings, including Cd and Cr alternatives
- Automotive Coatings: Functional and decorative
- Light Materials Finishing: Anodizing, sealing, cleaning and dimensional restoration
- Monitoring, Predicting and Testing Coating Performance: Computational methods , modeling, galvanic incompatibility, fast tool, rack and process development
- Additive Manufacturing and Finishing: Coatings and manufacturing technology for 3D laser, direct metal and powder metallurgically formed parts
- Fastener Finishing: Coatings for torque, wear and corrosion applications
- Best Practices: Process efficiency, modelling methods, computational methods and reshoring
This is an excellent opportunity for surface technology experts to showcase their knowledge, align with fellow industry influencers and network with a powerful line-up of prominent corporate officials from the world’s top plating and finishing companies.
Interested speakers must submit their abstracts to NASF by November 18, 2014. Complete submission details are available at NASFsurfin.com/speakers.
Due to the volume of submissions, the NASF Technical Advisory Committee will begin reviewing abstracts immediately and may be unable to accept late submissions. Priority will be given to early submissions. Accepted speakers will receive complimentary full conference admission to SUR/FIN 2015, as well as full promotion of their presentation.
For complete SUR/FIN 2015 Conference details, visit NASFsurfin.com.
About the SUR/FIN Manufacturing & Technology Tradeshow & Conference
Produced by the National Association for Surface Finishers, SUR/FIN is the global surface finishing industry’s premier event, featuring plating and surface technology engineers, academics and business leaders from around the world. Now in its 97th year, SUR/FIN’s highly respected conference program delivers 3-days of innovative solutions for surface technology professionals’ business and manufacturing challenges.
The National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF) represents the total surface finishing industry as a key segment of the North American and global manufacturing value chain. Membership includes some of the industry’s leading companies, and has membership linkages to job shop and “captive” applicators, chemistry and equipment supplier companies, global OEM’s, technologists, manufacturing professionals and researchers. NASF’s mission is to advance a sustainable future for the coatings industry and promote the vital role of surface technology in the global manufacturing value chain. Visit NASF.org to learn more.