‘Dr. E' will help our Music Business Program students to form a strategic approach to real-world music business challenges, giving them a powerful competitive advantage when they enter the job market.
Nashville, TN (PRWEB) July 13, 2014
Dr. E. Michael Harrington has been named SAE Institute Nashville’s Music Business Program faculty chairperson. He will be overseeing the school’s Associates-level and Diploma-level curriculum that provides SAE’s students with preparation and skills for careers in the entertainment industry.
“We’re thrilled that ‘Dr. E’, as he’s referred to by our students, has joined our team,” says SAE Nashville Campus Director Lynn Dorton. “His understanding of the complex landscape of today's fast-paced entertainment business, combined with his passionate approach in the classroom, helps students to form a strategic approach to real-world music business challenges, situations, and opportunities. This training will provide our Music Business Program students with a powerful competitive advantage when they enter the job market.”
Harrington’s diverse resume includes:
- Teaching music business and entertainment law courses/sessions at Berklee College of Music, Belmont University, University of Alabama Birmingham, University of Miami, University of Pittsburgh, Ohio State University, and William Paterson University.
- Lecturing at Harvard University Law School, George Washington University Law School, Loyola University Law School, Cardozo Law School, and Boston College Law School.
- Presentations at the Future of Music Coalition Policy Summit, the Experience Music Project, the Copyright Society of the United States, the Americana Music Association, the American Society for Business & Behavioral Sciences, the National Association of Recording Industry Professionals, and the Association of Independent Music Publishers.
- Interviews in such media outlets as The New York Times, CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Huffington Post, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Rolling Stone Magazine, the “Today” Show, People Magazine, ABC News Radio, Billboard Magazine, Fox News Radio, and many more.
- Providing his services as an expert in intellectual property and copyright issues involving the Dixie Chicks, Woody Guthrie, Lady Gaga, Jib Jab, DJ Danger Mouse, Busta Rhymes, Steven Spielberg, HBO, Mark Burnett, Food Network, the White Stripes, the Black Keys, Akon, T-Pain, Steve Perry, Collin Raye, Patty Loveless, Tupac Shakur, Samsung, AT&T, Keith Urban, Mariah Carey, the Turtles, Ne-Yo, Avril Lavigne, Mystikal, Britney Spears, Rascal Flatts, Hasbro, Ford, Heinz, Publix, and many others.
“In 2014, it’s no longer an option for a musician or creative professional to be isolated from the worlds of technology, communication, business, and law,” says Harrington. “I was attracted to the faculty chairperson position at SAE because I’m able to show students the many ways that these areas converge, and how they can provide economic value to prospective employers by understanding how to navigate them successfully and profitably.”