This defense attorney seminar was one of the best seminars in NCDD history. Attendees commented that this seminar increased their skills in an important and emerging area of the law.
Santa Monica, CA (PRWEB) February 02, 2016
Over 170 attorneys and experts from across the country recently attended the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD) 2016 winter seminar “Cannabis and Cars” held in Santa Monica California, setting a near-record in attendance.
“This defense attorney seminar was one of the best seminars in NCDD history. Attendees commented that this seminar increased their skills in an important and emerging area of the law,” said Lenny Stamm, Dean of the National College for DUI Defense.
The focus of the seminar was to educate DUI defense attorneys who represent drivers accused of impaired driving in cases involving cannabis and other drugs.
Held over a two-day span, presenters and topics included:
- George Bianchi - Cannabis and Impaired Driving Laws
- Robert LaPier - Drug Recognition Evaluations
- Manny Daskal - Defending a Marijuana DUI
- Fran Gengo - Statistical Validity of DRE
- Michael Kennedy Motions and Practice
- Ron Moore - Testing Issues for Cannabis
- Heather Harris - Forensic Drug Chemistry
- Janine Arvizu - Quality Laboratory Issues
- Steven Epstein - Legal Trends in Cannabis DUI Cases
In connection with the seminar, the National College for DUI Defense also added a free one-day seminar in order to educate public defenders in and around California.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL COLLEGE FOR DUI DEFENSE:
With over 2200 members, the National College for DUI Defense is the largest organization of DUI defense attorneys in the world. Through its educational programs the College trains lawyers to represent persons accused of drunk driving. NCDD's members have extensive experience litigating issues regarding breath blood and urine tests for alcohol and other drugs. NCDD has appeared as amicus curiae in several drunk driving cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.
- March 31 - April 2, 2016: Mastering Scientific Evidence, New Orleans, Louisiana
- May 9-14, 2016: Serious Science for Serious Lawyers: The Second Annual NCDD Advanced Course on Blood Analysis and Trial Advocacy, Fort Collins, Colorado
- July 20-23, 2016: NCDD Summer Session, Held on the Property of the Harvard Law School
Looking for a DUI or DWI Lawyer? Click here.
Interested in becoming a member of the National College for DUI Defense? Click here.