Our Alumni Awards celebrated the noteworthy contributions that SAE's NYC grads have made in the entertainment industry. Their successes are testament to the outstanding quality of our curriculum and training as well as their own hard work.
New York, NY (PRWEB) July 20, 2014
SAE Institute, one of America’s premier creative media arts colleges, presented its third annual New York Alumni Awards ceremony on Wednesday, July 2 at The Cutting Room in Manhattan. The winners were recognized for outstanding achievements in such categories as Start-Up Business, Best Performance in a Non-Engineering Role, Outstanding Achievement in Live Sound, Outstanding Achievement in Post-Production, Rising Star, and Engineer of the Year.
Awards were presented to:
- Start-Up Business – Tim Crossley ‘09 (Owner, Crossley Acoustics/NYC)
- Best Performance in a Non-Engineering Role – Daniel Dinov ’13 (DJ – Scratch Music Group/NYC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Live Sound – Taylor Roig ’08 (Live Sound Engineer - Dizzy's Club Coca Cola, Jazz at Lincoln Center/NYC)
- Outstanding Achievement in Post-Production – David Papa ’04 (Audio Engineer/Mixer/Sound Designer – Sonic Union/NYC)
- Rising Star – Jackie Smiley ’12 (Project Coordinator - The Lodge Mastering/NYC; Contributing Journalist – SonicScoop.com/NYC)
- Engineer of the Year – Matthew Rifino ’00 (Music Mixer – NBC’s “The Today Show”/NYC)
“Our Alumni Awards celebrated the noteworthy contributions that SAE's New York grads have made in the entertainment and audio industries over the past year,” says SAE New York Campus Director Michael Morrell. “Their successes are testament to the outstanding quality of SAE’s curriculum and training as well as their own hard work, dedication to excellence, and immense talent.”