Commercial surveillance cameras are powerful crime prevention tools that every business owner should have access to daily.
Elmont, NY (PRWEB) July 28, 2014
Recently, a bank robber was caught on video surveillance burglarizing the Astoria Federal Savings Bank in Queens, NY. Thanks to the commercial surveillance footage, the authorities discovered the suspect was involved in a string of robberies in New York City. Whether it’s a small business or a large corporation, no company is exempt from being burglarized.
“Commercial surveillance cameras are powerful crime prevention tools that every business owner should have access to daily,” says Matthew DiMicco, owner of Total Security. “In addition to robberies, security cameras can help reduce internal and external business problems, such as accidents and employee relation issues.”
Retailers lose a staggering $45 billion annually due to theft, according to Business Insider. A business owner can avoid becoming another statistic or at least greatly diminish the after effects of a crime incident. Mr. DiMicco suggests that business owners take the necessary preventive measures well in advance and not to wait until something happens to take action. He also suggests the following tips to help protect a business:
- Install robust commercial security cameras that are vandal-proof. Surveillance cameras are top crime-fighting tools for police.
- For retailers, security cameras should be placed over cash registers ideally to monitor employees and customers.
- Hang a monitor at front of store showing customers they are on camera being recorded. This will often deter a thief from coming in your establishment.
- Place cameras in inventory rooms since 50% of everything stolen in retail stores are stolen by employees.
- Place cameras to cover all exits and entrances.
- Keep all personal belongings of value in lockers or locked desks.
- If you notice a suspicious person lurking around in the area, do not confront the person -- call the police.
- Leave blinds partially open during closing time. Always keep the inside and outside of a business well-lit.
Business owners and government agencies that are considering upgrading or installing a new commercial security camera system can receive a complimentary security evaluation through Total Security. For more details about business security systems, visit: http://www.totalsecurityny.com/resources/business-security or call: (516) 775-2304.
About Total Security Integrated Systems:
Total Security is a full service security camera installation company specializing in the surveillance cameras, access control systems, biometrics and GPS tracking and security cameras installations. They cater to business owners, residents and government agencies on Long Island, and all of New York City. Learn more here.