I will do my best to live up to the honor the office implies and do everything I can to further the values of the funeral and memorial process in today's society. RICHARD J. SULLIVAN
ALBANY, N.Y. (PRWEB) August 27, 2019
Funeral professionals representing all parts of the Empire State will guide the New York State Funeral Directors Association (NYSFDA) into a new decade.
NYSFDA officers named for the 2019-20 year are as follows:
- President: Richard J. Sullivan [pictured], owner of Quigley-Sullivan Funeral Home, Inc., in Cornwall-On-Hudson, NY.
- President-Elect: William J. Villanova, general manager of Frank E. Campbell - The Funeral Chapel in New York, NY.
- Treasurer: John J. Kelly, owner and manager of Edward L. Kelly Funeral Home in Schroon Lake, NY.
- Secretary: Robert J. Hogan, manager of Quinn - Fogarty Funeral Home in Flushing, NY.
- Immediate Past President: Jeffrey A. Jennings, CFSP, owner of Jennings Nulton & Mattle Funeral Home in Penfield, NY, and Harloff Funeral Home in East Rochester, NY.
The new officers were installed during the NYSFDA Annual Convention held in Saratoga Springs, NY, August 18 - 21, 2019.
President Richard J. Sullivan is a Mortuary Science graduate of Hudson Valley Community College.
"It is a great honor to be installed president of NYSFDA," Sullivan said. "I will do my best to live up to the honor the office implies and do everything I can to further the values of the funeral and memorial process in today's society."
Rich, a member of NYSFDA for more than 30 years, has previously served as president-elect, secretary/treasurer and Region 7 director for the Association.
Rich is a past chairman of the NYS Tribute Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, established in 2003 out of a desire to unite the knowledge and resources of funeral service professionals throughout New York State.
Rich is also a past secretary/treasurer of the Orange, Rockland and Sullivan Funeral Directors Association.
He is a member of the Association of the United States Army.
Rich is married to JoAnne P. Sullivan, director of the Cemetery of the Highlands, Inc., and past president of the NYS Association of Cemeteries.
They are Parishioners of St. Patrick's Church in Highland Mills, NY.