NewVo Beauty Comments on the 10 Things You Shouldn’t Do to Hair, Including Using Flat Irons on Wet Hair
Following an article that details the common mistakes made during hair care routines, NewVo Beauty makes a statement.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) September 27, 2013
NewVo Beauty comments on an article that shares 10 common hair mistakes that are often made in an effort to achieve healthy hair.
According to an article published on September 24th by WomensHealthMagazine.com titled “The 10 Biggest Hair Care Mistakes,” hair needs attention in order to be kept healthy and strong. Hairstyling - and even washing - can seriously alter the condition of hair.
The article shares these 10 key mistakes that are often made when it comes to hair care:
Only brushing the ends of hair: Only brushing the ends does not distribute the natural oils your scalp produces. Make sure to brush from the roots to the tips.
- Not using heat protection products- “This is a very important step to styling,” says NewVo Beauty representative Sara Greenstone. “Before using heated styling tools, always use a thermal protection spray or a silicon based product that will seal your cuticles and protect your hair.”
- Condition the right way- Certain types of hair requires only the ends to be conditioned. For other hair types, like thin hair, conditioning should be done from the root to the tip. Make sure to wash conditioner out thoroughly, and do not over-condition. “If you’re worried about hair being dry after styling, try using a product like argan oil,” says Greenstone. “It will give you added moisture without leaving hair greasy.”
- No brushing hair before a shower- Prevent tangles while washing hair by brushing beforehand.
- Over-washing hair- Most hair types do not need to be washed every day. Washing every day can strip hair of its natural oils.
- Towel drying hair- Drying hair with a towel can make hair frizzy because it can harm the cuticles. Blot hair with a towel - don’t rub.
- Teasing hair regularly- This is acceptable to do once in a while to achieve a certain look, but doing it continuously can damage cuticles and cause breakage.
- Using heated tools on wet hair- “Curling and flat irons can burn the follicles of damp strands, leading to weak and broken tresses,” says the article. “Hair should be completely dry before heat styling, period. Even when you’re in a rush.”
- Using hairspray before using heated tools- The alcohol contained in hairspray will cause it to burn when it comes in contact with heat. If hairspray is applied before styling, it will cause hair to burn.
- Believing that split ends can be fixed- There is no way to mend split ends, so get trims regularly.
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.