Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) September 13, 2013
NewVo Beauty responds to an article by Women’s Health Magazine that details the best ways to care for sensitive skin.
According to the Women’s Health Magazine article published on September 11th titled “8 Tips for Sensitive Skin”, it can be hard to find products that can be used on sensitive skin. If your skin reacts to products easily, there are some basic irritants to avoid.
The article shares the top 8 tips for sensitive skin:
- Moisturize Day and Night- Sensitive skin benefits from a routine that includes a lot of moisturizing. "Dutifully moisturize both morning and night to protect skin from water loss and to maintain a healthy barrier from the daily onslaught of environmental factors, including pollution and wind,” says the article.
- Be Wary of Hypoallergenic Products- There is no regulation on using the term ‘hypoallergenic’ so they may not always be a good choice for those with sensitive skin.
- Test First- Try a test run on skin. Use the skin behind your ear first. If no irritation occurs, try a small patch on your face. If there is no irritation, it is safe to use.
- Keep it Simple- Don’t overdo the daily routine. A cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen make up the few products that you need.
- Read Labels- Make sure you read labels and are aware of the ingredients in the products that you use. Typically, products with less than 10 ingredients are recommended for those with sensitive skin. Fragrances and paraben preservatives should also be avoided.
- Wash Often- Keep pores clean and wash your face gently twice a day. Avoid harsh scrubbing and blot dry when finished.
- Use SPF- Since sensitive skin is prone having a stronger reaction to the sun, use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Choose Cosmetics Wisely- Make sure to use a mineral foundation and avoid things like liquid eyeliner, which can include ingredients that can cause a reaction. Also remember to replace cosmetics over time.
Sara Greenstone, representative for online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty, says that picking the right products for someone with sensitive skin can be difficult. “Sometimes it comes down to more than just what you apply directly on your face,” she says. “For those with sensitive skin, shampoo, conditioner, and even detergent can cause issues. Try using a light detergent made for sensitive skin, and opt for a hair care line, like Pureology, which is light and sulfate-free so it won’t harm your hair or your skin.”
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.