Our objective is to recommend which solution—cluster, workstation, desktop, laptop, or combination will be the best fit for what each client is trying to accomplish.
MINNEAPOLIS (PRWEB) November 17, 2016
Nor-Tech, pioneer of the world’s easiest to deploy people-friendly technology, announced a line of innovative, durable, cost-effective, and in some cases expandable workstations, desktops, and laptops designed for applications that include business, military, and government.
Nor-Tech President and CEO David Bollig said, “One of the primary benefits of working with Nor-Tech is that we have engineers with deep expertise. Our objective is to recommend which solution—cluster, workstation, desktop, laptop, or combination will be the best fit for what each client is trying to accomplish.”
To that end, before recommending a solution, Nor-Tech’s engineers and account managers will consider the following:
- What types of applications need to be supported and what type of output do they require?
- How much processing power is needed and how often/how much does it need to scale?
- Will the same configuration work for most projects or is extensive customization required?
- How much in-house technology help does the client have?
- What is the client’s current state of data security, disaster recovery, uptime and availability?
- Where will the equipment be operating—in an office, in vehicles, in the field, etc.?
- Who will be using it—engineers, entry-level office workers, students, high level technology personnel?
- How intensive will the worker interface be—are ergonomics important?
- Does it need to be expandable and if so, how much expandability will be required in the next 3 years?
As a platinum-level Intel Technology Provider, platinum-level AMD Solution Provider and Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, Nor-Tech’s workstations, desktops, and laptops are integrated with the latest technology and backed by high-level support.
The next step up from Nor-Tech’s workstations—both from a processing power and cost perspective-- are high performance clusters with open source software. By dramatically reducing the cost of software, these entry level clusters take the apprehension out of making the workstation-cluster transition. These clusters are highly scalable and make more sense from both a financial and space perspective than continually adding more workstations. For example, one scalable cluster will deliver results 3X faster than four workstations and cost significantly less.
Beyond entry-level clusters, Nor-Tech has built some of the largest most powerful clusters in the world. The company also offers quiet technology for low noise environments and onsite installation for all technology.
2016 HPCwire award finalist, Nor-Tech is renowned throughout the scientific, academic, and business communities for easy to deploy turnkey clusters and expert, no wait time support. All of Nor-Tech’s technology is made by Nor-Tech in Minnesota and supported by Nor-Tech around the world. In addition to HPC clusters, Nor-Tech’s custom technology includes workstations, desktops, and servers for a range of applications including CAE, CFD, and FEA. Nor-Tech engineers average 20+ years of experience and are responsible for significant high performance computing innovations. The company has been in business since 1998 and is headquartered in Burnsville, Minn. just outside of Minneapolis. To contact Nor-Tech call 952-808-1000/toll free: 877-808-1010 or visit http://www.nor-tech.com. Full release at: http://www.nor-tech.com/category/news/