Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) July 28, 2014
The North American car rental market performed well during the review period (2009–2013), driven primarily by the overall good performance of the travel and tourism sector. Domestic trips, intra-regional travel as well as international arrivals to the region increased, leading to a rise in demand for car rental by both business and leisure tourists. The US is the largest market in the region, with the highest number of domestic as well international arrivals in 2013.
- The report provides detailed market analysis, information and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast domestic and inbound tourist volumes in North America.
- Detailed analysis of tourist volumes for the three countries: the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Detailed analysis of the car rental market in North America.
- Detailed analysis of the car rental market in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Complete Report Details @ http://marketreportsstore.com/the-north-american-car-rental-market-to-2018/ .
Company Profiles in US:
- Enterprise Holdings, Inc
- Hertz Global Holdings, Inc
- Avis Budget Group, Inc.
- Fox Rent-A-Car, Inc.
Company Profiles in Canada:
- Enterprise Rent a Car Canada
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals Ltd
- Budget Rent-A-Car BC Ltd
- Dollar Rent A Car Canada
Company Profiles in Mexico:
- Avis Mexico Car Rental
- Alquiladora de Vehiculos Automotores SA de CV
- Alamo Rent a Car Mexico
- Sixt Mexico
Order a purchase copy @ http://marketreportsstore.com/purchase?rname=15892 .
The total number of domestic trips in the US increased from 1.9 billion in 2009 to 2.1 billion in 2013, rising at a review-period CAGR of 1.98%. Over the forecast period, domestic tourist volume will continue to grow at a CAGR of 1.63% to reach 2.22 billion by 2018, driven by improved consumer confidence, rising employment rates and an increase in business travel.
Domestic tourism drives the travel and tourism sector in Canada, with domestic trips accounting for 86.8% of domestic and inbound trips in the country. The total number of domestic trips increased at a review-period CAGR of 4.68%, rising from 91.4 million in 2009 to 109.7 million in 2013, driven by improving economic conditions within the country, rising consumer confidence, higher disposable incomes and more attractive discounts offered by travel suppliers.
Leisure travel accounted for 63.4% of the total Mexican domestic trips, while business travel accounted for 18.3%. The average length of domestic trips in Mexico is higher in comparison to the US and Canada. The average number of nights spent on domestic trips in Mexico was 7.4 in 2013 which is significantly higher compared to 2.8 nights in Canada and 3.6 nights in the US.
The total number of international arrivals to North America increased at a review-period CAGR of 4.33% from 93.0 million in 2009 to 110.2 million in 2013. The US recorded the highest review-period CAGR of 6.18%, while Canada and Mexico recorded CAGRs of 1.38% and 1.55% respectively. Of the total arrivals to the region, 63.8% came from North America while only 36.2% came from other regions (Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and South and Central America) in 2013.
The Mexican travel and tourism sector grew during the review period, as reflected in the growth of the country's car rental market. The overall car rental market value in Mexico increased at a review-period CAGR of 5.71%, which can partially be attributed to rising demand for air travel following the growth of LCCs. Business car rentals accounted for 62.4% of the car rental market value in 2013, while leisure rentals accounted for 36.1%. The total fleet size also increased from 29,194 in 2009 to 32,107 in 2013.
Inquire before Buying @ http://marketreportsstore.com/inquire-before-buying/?rname=15892 .
This report provides an extensive analysis related to the car rental market in North America:
- It details historical values for North America's tourism sector for 2009-2013, along with forecast figures for 2014-2018.
- The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic and inbound tourist flows in North America including analysis of tourism flows in the US, Canada and Mexico.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of car rental market in North American countries - the US, Canada and Mexico - including key developments and competitive landscape.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in car rental market's key performance indicators, with values for both the 2009-2013 review period and the 2014-2018 forecast period.
Explore more reports on Travel, Tourism & Hospitality industry at http://marketreportsstore.com/category/travel-tourism-hospitality/ .
Market Reports Store is your one-stop online shop for syndicated industry research reports on 25+ categories and their sub-sectors. We bring to you to the latest in market research across multiple industries and geographies from leading research publishers across the globe.