Union, WA (PRWEB) September 05, 2013
Since its founding, Alderbrook Resort & Spa quickly became the destination of choice for those in search of relaxing and rejuvenating Washington State vacations. Although guests in decades past had to cruise by way of water to reach the Resort, this waterfront destination continues to be a favored destination thanks to the same invigorating culture that once brought hundreds of patrons via steamships every weekend during the high season. To this day, the Pacific Northwest Resort stays true to its roots by boasting amenities and activities as unique and refreshing as the Hood Canal itself.
Throughout September, this NW resort, located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland, invites guests to explore the Resort’s rich culture through activities catered to families, couples and individuals alike. To coincide with September’s on-property events and activities, this beach resort revered for its culinary excellence is hosting several dining experiences throughout the month that are not to be missed. Experiences include:
Mondays in September:
- Plein Air Painting Class- Bring out your inner artist and enjoy an evening of art and appreciation of the Hood Canal’s natural beauty on the waterfront lawn. Art supplies and instruction from local Art Instructor, Rob Kamin will be provided from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Space is limited; based on a first come-first serve basis.
- Prime Rib Dinner: With unrivaled flavor and simplicity, this prime grade cut is love at first bite. Starting at 5:00 p.m., dine at the Restaurant at Alderbrook for this divine specialty dish.
Tuesdays in September:
- Massage Technique Workshop- Join us in the Resort Spa from 4:00-5:00 p.m. to learn a few simple tips and tricks for at-home relaxation, rejuvenation and healing through massage.
- Half Off One Bottle of Wine- Starting at 5:00 p.m. in the Restaurant, enjoy your favorite bottle of wine at half price.
Wednesdays in September:
- Salmon Bake- For a perfect end-of-summer dining experience, join us for classic Salmon bake on our cottage lawn from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Family Seafood Dinner- There are few things more unique to the Hood Canal than seafood caught fresh from the surrounding pristine waters. Indulge in a special seafood menu offered Wednesday evenings starting at 5:00 p.m. at the Restaurant at Alderbrook.
Thursdays in September:
- Golf with a Pro- Learn the basics of how to perfect your swing from Alderbrook Golf Pros on our waterfront or cottage lawn from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Floating Green Challenge- After learning a few tips and tricks from Alderbrook’s Golf Pros, take a swing (or three) during the Floating Green Challenge. Open to community, partake in three swings and two beers for $5 or three swings for $1, for a chance to hit the floating green and win a variety of prizes. Located on the waterfront lawn 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Fridays in September:
- Wine & Cheese Welcome Reception- Start a weekend getaway with decadence, in the form of Wine and Cheese! Enjoy complimentary sips and bites in our lobby from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Live Music and Happy Hour- For a lively Friday evening, join us in the lounge from 3:00-6:00 p.m. for happy hour and 9:00 p.m. through midnight for live musical performances and a late night happy hour.
Saturdays in September:
- Xbox Game Room Tournament- For the young and young in heart, test those hard earned gaming skills at our weekly Xbox Game Room Tournaments for a chance to win Resort credits! Meet in the Xbox Game Room at 3:00 p.m. to play Madden in honor of NFL season.
Sundays in September:
- Local Artisan Showcase- Admire the artistic creations and take home authentic souvenirs made by local artisans from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in our restaurant breezeway.
- Bottomless Mimosa Brunch- Coined as the most important meal of the day, Alderbrook knows how to start the day off in style. Sip on bottomless mimosas and dine on a brunch fit for kings and queens at the Restaurant at Alderbrook. Available from 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
To complement the resort amenities and activities taking place throughout September, the Spa at Alderbrook is launching autumn inspired spa specials to pamper guests this harvest season. Available Sept. 15 through Dec. 1, spa specials include:
- Plump-kin Facial: Harnessing the natural enzymes found in Pumpkin, along with the skin-plumping properties of Alpha-Hydroxy acids, this facial will leave skin glowing from within.
- Pumpkin Spice Pedicure: Delight in a spicy foot soak, pumpkin enzyme mask and massage. Polish and grooming are just what toes need before a brisk walk on a crisp fall day.
- Harvest Glow: Wild Yam, Honey and Organic Sugar combine in a healing full body exfoliation to smooth the body & quiet the mind. Complete with hot towel applications and a warm Shea Butter massage, your body will thank you.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about the accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page on AlderbrookResort.com or call (360) 898-2200.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.