New York, NY (PRWEB) September 26, 2013
An expert panel of professionals who have been ahead of the curve in the burgeoning African investment field will give attendees a true insider’s view at the New York Society of Security Analysts’ African Capital Markets Conference on October 18, 2013. The panel features speakers who have succeeded in delivering returns on investments such as fixed income, private and public equity, and highly-structured vehicles such as project finance in the world’s second-largest continent.
Serious global investors know about the tremendous economic potential of the African continent and the significant strides many of its countries have made over the past decade. The only questions for those without direct experience are the mechanics of investing and the balancing of unique risk and reward factors. This conference will give investment professionals a more in-depth look at the specific investment vehicles in Africa and the methods of analyzing and investing in them, and address the global challenge of applying increasingly data-driven financial analysis techniques to markets with often unreliable statistical coverage.
African Alliance is the sponsor of this conference that features panel discussions on debt capital markets, public equity, and private equity in Africa. Speakers include:
- Maxine Barnett, CEO, Acorus Capital
- Ashley Bendell, Ex-Head of Africa Equity Distribution (EMEA Equities), Renaissance Capital
- Jake Bright, Whitehead Fellow, Foreign Policy Association; Contributing Writer, Bloomberg Institute
- Anthony Carroll, Vice President, Manchester Trade
- Tim Drinkall, Frontier Emerging Markets Portfolio Manager, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Claire Husson-Citanna, Portfolio Manager & EMD Research Analyst, Franklin Templeton Fixed Income Group
- Samir Gadio, Emerging Markets Strategist, Standard Bank
- Kristin Lindow, Regional Credit Officer, European and African Sovereigns, Moody’s Investors Service
- Gordon McLaughlin, CFA, Partner, Development Capital Partners
- Corey Modeste, Director, Greylock Capital Management
- Stephen B. Murray, Senior Investment Officer, Pan African Capital Group
- Jamieson Odell, Partner and Deputy Global Portfolio Manager, Caravel Management
- David L. Ross, Managing Director, Statera Capital
- Ewart Salins, Regional Chief Executive Officer, East Africa
- Tom Speechley, Senior Partner, The Abraaj Group
The African Capital Markets Conference will be held on October 18, 2013 from 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. at NYSSA Conference Center, 1540 Broadway, Suite 1010, New York, NY 10036.
Click here for the complete event description and registration information.
There is no charge for press with credentials. Interested members of the press can email press(at)nyssa.org to request admission to this event.
Established in 1937, the New York Society of Security Analysts (NYSSA) is a leading forum for the investment community. NYSSA’s mission is to promote best practices and the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. NYSSA is a nonprofit industry organization that provides education and a venue for policymakers and practitioners to discuss the major issues that drive the finance industry and economy. The Society also strives to assist its members and other financial professionals in their career development. With nearly 10,000 members, NYSSA is the largest of the 135 societies of CFA Institute, which has more than 105,000 members globally.