Connect global exploration and production sites in remote locations | M2M for Oil and Gas, 28-29 April 2014, London, UK
SMi’s 2nd annual M2M for Oil and Gas conference, taking place on 28-29 April 2014 in London, will detail how oil and gas companies stand to benefit from new M2M automation and communication technologies, and wireless sensor networks. The two-day conference programme will provide the ideal platform to address these latest developments through case studies, technology sessions and networking opportunities with key industry decision makers.
London (PRWEB UK) 1 March 2014
Oil and Gas companies need to access, exchange and monitor data throughout the various phases of a project lifecycle. The industry is now primed for machine-to-machine (M2M) technology and wireless sensor networks. Against this backdrop, SMi’s 2nd annual M2M for Oil and Gas conference, taking place on 28-29 April in London, will feature senior industry leaders from Shell, BP and Petrobot Project EU Commission among others detailing how oil and gas companies stand to benefit from these new automation and communication technologies.
The two-day conference programme will provide the ideal platform to address these latest developments through case studies, technology sessions and networking opportunities with key industry leaders from an array of oil and gas companies. From overcoming barriers in hostile regions, remote locations, unmanned environments and coping with adverse weather conditions to monitoring well sites, pipeline performance, worksites, field personnel and data collection; stakeholders will gain further understanding of what current technologies are being utilised and how new technology solutions can increase operational efficiency, reduce maintenance costs, enhance safety and centralise control.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Blaine Tookey, Senior Technology Consultant, Chief Technology Office, BP
- Berry Mulder, Global Program Leader Wireless Technology for Process Facilities, Shell
- Dr. Timothy Black, Robotic Inspection Technology Engineer, Petrobot Project EU Commission
- Prof. William Webb, CEO, Weightless
- David Boswarthick, Director of Committee Support Center, ETSI
- Brian Partridge, Vice President, Yankee Group
- Iain Davidson, New Business Development, Networks, Freescale Semiconductor
- Olivier Pauzet, Vice President, Marketing & Market Strategy, Sierra Wireless
- Paul Green, Chief Technology Officer, Arkessa
- Matthew Smith, Founder & Principal Consultant, Fieldcloud
- Abraham Joseph, Founder, M2M Insights
- Prof. Rita Marcella, Dean of Faculty, Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University
- Michael Elliott, Director, Over-C
- Alicia Farag, Program Manager, Gas Technology Institute
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014m2m-oilandgas23.asp.