Latest attendees include BP and Cairn Energy at SMi's 7th annual Oil and Gas Telecommunications Conference
SMi’s 7th annual Oil and Gas Telecommunications conference will focus on all aspects of your telecommunication needs, from initial exploration through to extraction, transport and processes with case studies delivered by senior industry decision makers from ConocoPhillips, Shell, Tullow Oil, DESFA and EnQuest. The two-day conference programme cover upstream, midstream and downstream aspects of oil and gas telecommunications, in addition to end-to-end operational requirements along with case studies on smart field optimisation, network monitoring, on-site security, offshore broadband telecommunications infrastructure, and IT security for exploration developments.
(PRWEB UK) 14 December 2013
SMi’s 7th annual Oil and Gas Telecommunications conference, taking place on 19th and 20th March in London, will focus on the challenges currently faced by IT professionals, CTOs, network engineers and integrators responsible for procuring and implementing communications systems in offshore and remote environments. The two-day conference programme will feature senior decision makers from ConocoPhillips, Shell, Tullow Oil, DESFA and EnQuest sharing valuable insight on how they have overcome various technology challenges – whether from satellite, wireless, fibre, etc., while also addressing the implementation and operation of any communications network - interoperability, security, cost containment, scalability.
Speaker Panel includes:
- Gordon Duncan, Security, Network and Telecoms Technical Authority, ConocoPhillips
- Berry Mulder, Global Program Leader Wireless Technology for Process Facilities, Shell
- Ian Theophilus, Global Infrastructure Manager, Tullow Oil
- Petros G. Theodorakis, ICT Director, Hellenic Gas Transmission System Operator (DESFA)
- Alasdair Macleod, IT Project Manager, Knightsbridge Project, EnQuest
- Richard Brown, Managing Director, Straxia
- Ifiok Otung, Professor of Satellite Communications, University of Glamorgan
- Bill Green, Global Account Director, Hermes Datacomms
- Simon Bull, Senior Consultant, Comsys
- Fraser Edwards, Consultant, Cambridge Consultants
- Paul Febvre, Chief Technology Officer, Satellite Applications Catapult
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014oilandgas-comms30.asp.
Plus, don't miss two conference workshops on:
A: Fundamentals of Satellite Communications Technology | Led by Tim Tozer, Senior Lecturer, University of York | 18th March 2014, London, UK
B: Managed Network Services – Delivering Value on the Global WAN | Led by Gary Steer, CTO, Hermes Datacomms | 21st March 2014, London, UK