Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) October 10, 2013
Bellucci Premium comments on a CNN article that recommends the best in-season foods to eat during fall based on their nutritional content.
According to the CNN article published on October 2nd titled, “Superfoods to consume during the Fall Season,” there are many superfoods that can help battle certain diseases and illnesses. They are labeled ‘superfoods’ based on their overall health benefits. Many of these foods are produced in excess during certain months, and diets should reflect the changes in the seasonal availability of foods.
The article shares these seasonal foods that should be included in your diet during the fall:
- Red Wine and Grape Juice: Grapes are known for their vitamin content. The most beneficial part of the grape is the skin, which contains phenolics. Phenolics are an anti-inflammatory that can help decrease an individual’s chances of developing heart disease.
- Beets: This vegetable is rich in folic acid and contains betacyanin, which is known to help fight certain types of cancer.
- Pomegranates: Known for their antioxidant content, pomegranates can also help improve cognitive function and prevent artery thickening.
- Orange Vegetables: Sweet potatoes, pumpkins and other types of vegetables with orange coloration are rich in Vitamin A. Butternut squash and carrots are others in this group.
- Olive Oil: Due to the presence of monounsaturated fats, olive oil can help reduce the risk of heart disease. “Research on olive oil-rich Mediterranean diets shows that olive oil can cut the risk of death for heart disease patients by about 50%,” says the article.
- Beans: This vegetable includes antioxidants, folic acid and potassium.
Natalie Sexenian, marketing manager for Tuscan olive oil producer Bellucci Premium, speaks to the importance of including the right type of foods in your diet. “You should always have proper knowledge of in-season fruits and vegetables,” she says. “There is a potential to miss out on improving your diet by not utilizing in-season foods and the nutrients they carry. You should also educate yourself on what is best for your specific needs. For example, if you are at risk for heart disease you should start to include foods like olive oil and grapes into your diet.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.