Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) June 04, 2014
The global ophthalmic drugs market will reach $9.7bn by 2024. The US market growth will be slow compared to other markets predominantly due to major drug patent expiry and generic erosion. For example:
- Xalabrands from Pfizer used for treatment of Glaucoma expired in the US in March 2011.
- Zopt by Alcon used for treatment of Glaucoma expired in the US in October 2012.
- Lumigan by Allergan used for treatment of Glaucoma expired in the US in 2013.
- Restasis from Allergan used for treatment of Dry eye will expire in the US in May 2014.
- Travatan by Alcon used for treatment of Glaucoma will expire in the US in 2014.
- Combigan by Allergan used for treatment of Glaucoma will expire in the US in 2022.
- Lucentis from Novartis used for treatment of Retinal Disorder will expire in the US in June 2020.
Order a purchase copy @ http://www.lifescienceindustryresearch.com/purchase?rname=8978.
Restasis by Allergan is the market-leading drug in the ophthalmic market with sales of $1bn across 2013. Will it be able to see off the competition for the next 5 years? The next 10 years? This report tells you. With an assessment of the leading markets, such as the US, and EU, GMR Data examine how Germany and France are the largest EU markets and what % of the global market they make up. Which other countries contribute most? This report tells you in a concise, focused and easily accessible format.
But how will these country’s markets develop?
Global incidences of AMD, Glaucoma and Diabetic Retinopathy are all set to increase dramatically across the forecast period of 2014-2024; this will have the knock-on effect of driving sales of key drugs for treatment i.e. Lucentis and Eylea, as well as driving R&D. How much is being spent on R&D – and which drugs are likely to see a return? And how quickly?
Which new drugs will we see in the ophthalmic market across 2014-2024?
In December 2013, Santen announced that Ikervis (Ciclosporin/Cyclokat) was filed to the EMA; in doing so, the EMA will begin its regulatory process. Diquas, which was launched in 2010 by Santen Pharma in Japan, China and other Asian markets, and despite US trials being unsuccessful, is expected to gain approval in the EU early in our forecast period.
Other key ophthalmic drugs currently under taking trials include:
- Sirolimus (by Santen, in Phase III US)
- Tafluprost/Timolol maleate (By Santen, filed for NDA)
- Catioprost (by Santen in Phase 2)
Plus – In-depth country analysis – Discover which countries and regions will drive the ophthalmic drugs market to 2024
Complete report available @ http://www.lifescienceindustryresearch.com/ophthalmic-drugs-data-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2024.html.
List of Companies Included in This Report:
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals
- Altheos, Inc.,
- Applied Genetic Technologies Corp
- Asahi Kasei Pharma
- Avalanche Biotechnologies
- Bausch & Lomb
- Bayer Healthcare
- Bayer Yakuhin, Ltd
- Bin Li & Huazhong University of Science & Technology
- Children’s Hospital Philadelphia
- Coastal Pharmaceuticals
- Daiichi Sankyo Company Ltd
- Eagle Vision Inc.
- Eleven Biotherapeutics
- Eyegate Pharmaceuticals
- Foresight Biotherapeutics
- Hadassah Medical Organization
- Inception Sciences, Inc.
- InSite Vision
- Johnson & Johnson
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital
- King Khaled Eye Hospital
- Lions Eye Institute (Perth)
- Meda Pharmaceuticals
- Mimetogen Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Moorfields Eye Hospital
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals
- Nantes University Hospital
- National Eye Institute
- Nova Bay Pharmaceuticals
- Novagali Pharma
- Oasis Medical Inc.
- OphthaliX Inc.
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Otsuka Pharmaceuticals
- Oxford BioMedica
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Resolvyx Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- SARcode Bioscience
- Scheie Eye Institute, University of Pennsylvania
- Senju Pharmaceuticals Company Ltd.
- Targeted Genetics Corporation (AmpliPhi BioSciences Corporation)
- University College London
- University of Massachusetts
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Versant Ventures
- Vistakon Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Watson Pharma
Explore more reports on the Pharmaceuticals industry at http://www.lifescienceindustryresearch.com/category/pharmaceuticals.
Life Science Industry Research brings to you to the latest reports in market research on Biotechnology, Diagnostics, Healthcare, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals segments from leading research publishers across the globe. These reports also cover data and information on sub-segments and sectors under these life sciences categories. Contact us (sales(at)lifescienceindustryresearch(dot)com/ + 1 888 391 5441) for any of your research requirements or topics of interest.