We are so honored to have this talented group of people gather for the first time at PODD to share insights and best practices on building a company around a transformative drug delivery invention.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) July 17, 2019
The 9th annual Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery conference taking place in Boston on October 7-8, 2019 announced the keynote panel guests for MIT’s Dr Robert Langer’s drug delivery inventions discussion.
Dr Langer is joined by Dr Sangeeta Bhatia, John J. and Dorothy Wilson Professor of Engineering, Director, Laboratory for Multiscale Regenerative Technologies, Dr Jeffrey Karp, Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Director of Laboratory for Accelerated Medical Innovation, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Dr Giovanni Traverso, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT, Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School. They will discuss their insights on building a company around a transformative drug delivery invention, the evolution of the regulatory process for drug delivery products, and lessons learned while progressing from scientist to academic entrepreneur.
“We are so honored to have this talented group of people gather for the first time at PODD to share insights and best practices on building a company around a transformative drug delivery invention,” says Valerie Bowling, Executive Director, PODD.
In addition to Dr Langer’s opening keynote panel discussion, PODD includes the following distinguished line-up of featured industry speakers:
- Katherine High, MD, President and Head of R&D, Spark Therapeutics
- Allen Templeton, VP, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Merck
- Advait Badkar, PhD, Senior Director, Novel Delivery Technologies, BioTherapeutics, Pfizer
- Beate Bittner, PhD, Senior Portfolio Strategy Director, F. Hoffman-LaRoche
- Ulrich Brüggemann, Head Academics and Innovation, Global Medical Devices Development, Sanofi US
- Marian Gindy, PhD, Executive Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Merck
- Christopher Kovalchick, PhD, Chief Engineer, Drug Delivery & Devices R&D Innovation, Eli Lilly
- Patrick Lim Soo, PhD, Senior Principal Scientist, Novel Delivery Technologies, Pfizer
- Dhairya Mehta, Director, Connected and Software Medical Connected Devices, Shire
- Johannes Schmidt, PhD, Global Head, Product Optimization, F. Hoffman-LaRoche
- Srini Sridharan, PhD, Head, Materials Science & Engineering, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Shawn Davis, PhD, Senior Director, Drug Delivery, AstraZeneca
PODD features the widest range of innovative drug delivery technologies that could potentially improve the delivery of various types of drugs, including biologics, proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, and small molecules. While covering the latest advances in drug delivery science, the event also provides a meeting place to network and form new partnerships. PODD is presented annually in Boston, and now in its 9th year is a gathering for people developing life saving therapeutics and those developing patient-friendly drug delivery technologies. The event is expected to attract 375 attendees globally.
To learn more about the event, please visit PODD 2019
About the Conference Forum
The Conference Forum is a life science industry research firm that develops conferences primarily around how to get therapeutics to patients faster. They examine and challenge the complex ecosystem of drug development and delivery, bringing ideas together from a variety of sources to help advance clinical research.