Proven in many of the world’s most notable – and largest – sports venues, PENETRON continues to be a game-winning application for our clients. It’s a ringing endorsement of our crystalline technology.
East Setauket, New York (PRWEB) August 28, 2017
One of most anticipated stadium openings in recent years, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia (USA), opened on August 26th with an inaugural NFL pre-season game between the Atlanta Falcons and the Arizona Cardinals. PENETRON crystalline technology was used in many of the stadium’s concrete structures to enhance durability – one of numerous new sports stadiums built on PENETRON.
“During recent years, PENETRON has become something of a specialist for large, multi-purpose sports venues,” says Christopher Chen, Director of The PENETRON Group. “Over the past 10 years, major sporting venues all over the world – including the Summer and Winter Olympics in China, Russia and Brazil, and the FIFA World Cups in South Africa and Brazil – have been built on PENETRON technology, and now, most recently, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, which will host the NFL Super Bowl in 2019.”
The multi-purpose Mercedes-Benz Stadium is the new home of the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL) and Atlanta United FC of Major League Soccer (MLS). The $1.6 billion project was built on a 42-acre area and seating for up to 83,000 spectators. The striking architecture of the stadium includes a unique circular roof opening inspired by the oculus in the Pantheon of ancient Rome. It opens and closes with eight triangular roof-petals that function like a camera iris.
The new stadium features the latest in sustainable design, construction, and operation to minimize the environmental impact of such a large facility. Numerous environmental features include advanced energy efficiency solutions, low water usage and recycling, use of regional/local materials, access to renewable energy resources, stringent air quality standards, and a comprehensive water recycling system.
PENETRON ADMIX was added to the concrete for the storage vault, cistern structures, and major concrete water conduits (over 4,500 cubic yards) to ensure a waterproof and durable structure.
Other recent showcase sports stadium projects include:
- Singapore Sports Hub, Kallang, Singapore: This 55,000-seat multi-purpose facility accommodates various athletics events. PENETRON ADMIX was used for the base slab and retaining walls; PENEBAR SW-55 waterstop sealed the construction joints; PENESEAL PRO treated all exposed concrete, including the concrete roof.
- Almaty Arena, Almaty, Kazakhstan: The largest complex in Kazakhstan, it has two arenas (12,000 seats and 475 seats) and a swimming pool. PENETRON ADMIX was used to treat the concrete for the facility’s water fire reservoirs.
- ENAD Stadium, Nicosia, Cyprus: Home to the ENAD first division basketball team, this 3,000-seat stadium also hosts futsal, handball and volleyball events. Concrete repairs were done with PENETRON crystalline material and PENECRETE MORTAR; PENETRON ADMIX was used in the foundation; PENEBAR SW waterstop sealed all construction joints.
- Black Sea Arena, Ureki, Georgia: This 8,700-seat circular arena hosts concerts and sports events in two buildings, 4-floors and 6-floors high respectively, under a retractable roof. The concrete foundation structures, water reservoirs and technical facilities in the basement were treated with the PENETRON System.
- Olympic Aquatics Stadium, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: A temporary stadium that hosted swimming and water polo events for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games and the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games. The facility included two pools (competition & training). PENETRON ADMIX was added to the bottom slab and walls of the pools and facility offices.
“Proven in many of the world’s most notable – and largest – sports venues, PENETRON continues to be a game-winning application for our clients,” adds Mr. Chen. “It’s a ringing endorsement of our crystalline technology.”
The PENETRON Group is a leading manufacturer of specialty construction products for concrete waterproofing, concrete repairs and floor preparation systems. The Group operates through a global network, offering support to the design and construction community through its regional offices, representatives and distribution channels.
For more information on PENETRON waterproofing solutions, please visit penetron(dot)com or Facebook(dot)com/ThePenetronGroup, email CRDept(at)penetron(dot)com, or contact the Corporate Relations Department at 631-941-9700.