Many people turn to drugs and alcohol as a way to cope with stress, but soon discover that it’s not a solution.
(PRWEB) January 30, 2014
Per Wickstrom’s latest blog post is focusing on a topic that countless people around the world struggle with; often for their entire lives: unwinding after a stressful day.
"Many people turn to drugs and alcohol as a way to cope with stress, but soon discover that it’s not a solution," commented Per Wickstom. "In fact, it takes them in the other direction, and adds more stress to their lives – which often means more drugs and alcohol. Before long, what began as a coping mechanism becomes a full-blown addiction, which can lead to everything from hospitalization, to prison, and in some dreadful cases, to the morgue."
To help individuals effectively cope with the inevitable stress of daily life, Per Wickstrom offers the following tips:
- Try to find ways to reduce stress at work by being more organized and prepared.
- With a doctor’s approval, start an exercise program that can involve something as simple – yet stress reducing – as walking.
- During the ride home, instead of complaining about the traffic, listen to relaxing music or an uplifting audiobook.
- Develop a new skill or hobby that provides an essential break from thinking about work.
- De-clutter at home so that it’s an inviting oasis after a hard day – instead of a chaotic mess that adds to the stress.
- Eat healthy, nourishing foods – or even better, try cooking them at home by trying interesting or exotic recipes.
- Explore holistic approaches to stress reduction, including music therapy, aromatherapy, yoga and more.
- Learn to relax on the weekend and learn to "switch off" from work mode. It’s not a weekend if all one does it think about the work week ahead!
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog on healthy ways to unwind after a stressful day is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/health/healthy-ways-to-unwind-after-a-stressful-day/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.
Learn more at http://www.PerWickstrom.com.