Negative emotions and attitudes transform into positive, solution-oriented cohesion when individuals and teams feel a sense of purpose.
(PRWEB) February 26, 2014
Managers, business owners and other leaders who are struggling with conflict between employees should read the latest blog post from Per Wickstrom, which provides 10 strategies that can turn tension into cohesion.
“While occasional disagreements are normal, natural and even healthy in the workplace, there comes a time when things turn into a virtual battlefield – and that’s when everyone suffers, from individuals, to teams, to the organization as a whole,” commented Per Wickstrom. “However, although some conflict situations can be complex and may have brewed for weeks or even months, the good news is that neutralizing them is quicker and easier than most people think – provided that they use the right strategies, of course.”
According to Per Wickstrom, the 10 best ways to manage workplace conflict between employees is to:
1. Foster an environment that enables effective, respectful communication.
2. Focus on mediating conflict in order to encourage all sides to reach compromised solution.
3. Help all sides view things objectively, and whenever possibly use statistics and metrics.
4. Develop a system so that problematic behavior – such as bullying, deceit, theft or anything else – can be reported by employees with no fear of reprisal.
5. If necessary, assign a team member to mediate the problem.
6. Look for hidden causes to thorny, intractable problems that seem to resist or defy solutions.
7. Implement and enforce fair and equitable organizational policies.
8. Demonstrate genuine care for employees and always take a person-centric approach to problem solving.
9. Inject a little fun in the workplace to ease the tension.
10. Instill a sense of purpose in employees so that they can feel invested in the big picture success of the organization.
Added Per Wickstrom: “While all of these strategies are helpful, if I had to pick one that makes the biggest difference, I’d have to say it’s number ten. Negative emotions and attitudes transform into positive, solution-oriented cohesion when individuals and teams feel a sense of purpose.”
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog entitled “10 Ways to Manage Workplace Conflicts Between Employees” is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/10-ways-to-manage-workplace-conflicts-between-employees/
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.
Learn more at http://www.PerWickstrom.com.