There comes a time when rather than driving us forward, stress begins to weigh us down. That’s when we need to take a step back and plot a minor or perhaps even a major course change.
(PRWEB) February 12, 2015
Everyone from emerging entrepreneurs, to time-starved homemakers, to enterprise CEOs, to exam-bound students who want to achieve success and reduce stress, should visit http://www.perwickstrom.com and read Per Wickstrom’s latest blog featuring practical tips and invaluable insights.
“Stress is a part of life, and not necessarily a negative one, either,” commented Per Wickstrom. “However, there comes a time when rather than driving us forward, stress begins to weigh us down. That’s when we need to take a step back and plot a minor or perhaps even a major course change; one where stress and success work together.”
According to Per Wickstrom, key ways to achieve stress and reduce stress include:
- Exercise and eat healthier: the relationship between physical health and emotional and psychological well-being has been conclusively established for decades.
- Accept stress vs. deny it: without acknowledging that a problem exists, solving it impossible.
- Go for walks: Steve Jobs, Einstein and many other brilliant thinkers and change agents found walking to be invaluable; even inspirational.
- Take the high road: taking ethical or moral shortcuts may seem expedient in the short term, but the toil they take on one’s integrity can be severe in the long-run.
- Follow your passion: the quickest way to be overcome with stress is to constantly resent whatever it is that has to be done. Turn work into passion, and transform stress into strength.
- Learn to unplug: checking email and staying the loop are necessary. But every now and then, it’s essential to shut down, unplug, and decompress from the digital world.
- Get talking: connect with a group of peers who will actively listen and provide caring, compassionate advice and suggestions.
- Learn to delegate: there are only so many hours in a day. Constantly running out of time is a clear sign that a delegation refresher is in order.
- Don’t be a piler: while it’s not necessary or even wise to take care of every bill, every email, or every other task the moment it arrives, it’s also a mistake to start letting these pile up. Before long, the pile becomes a mountain.
- Align vision: just as financial investment portfolios need to be rebalanced regularly in order to ensure that they’re on track and heading in the right direction, periodically check to see if your intentions, actions and vision are in alignment. And deviation will directly and indirectly result on needless, unproductive stress.
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s new blog entitled “Ways to Achieve Stress and Reduce Stress” is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/blog/ways-to-achieve-success-reduce-stress
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.