Perlick’s 650SS Forward Sealing Flow Control Faucet received the celebrated GOOD DESIGN Award for its unique – Perlick engineered – design that stretches the envelope beyond what is considered ordinary beverage dispensing faucet technology.
MILWAUKEE (PRWEB) February 09, 2015
Perlick, a leader in total package bar equipment and beverage dispensing systems, today announced that its new 650SS Forward Sealing Flow Control faucet has earned the 2014 GOOD DESIGN® Award. As the latest addition to Perlick’s new line of forward sealing faucets, the 650SS includes at-the-faucet flow control that solves a variety of pour challenges – from filling growlers and samplers to dispensing a variety of craft beers – and, the awarding-winning faucet will make its industry debut at the NAFEM Show February 19 -21, 2015 (booth 5834).
Often referred to as the “Oscar’s of industrial design,” GOOD DESIGN began in 1950 and is now recognized as the world’s largest and most distinguished design competition. The award program annually bestows international recognition upon the world’s most prominent designers and manufacturers for advancing new, visionary, and innovative product concepts, invention and originality, and for stretching the envelope beyond what is considered ordinary product design.
Engineered with nearly a century’s worth of Perlick commercial beer dispensing experience, the award-winning 650SS Forward Sealing Flow Control Faucet offers more than proprietary flow control features – it also includes an innovative ball and floating O-ring design. This unique design eliminates the need for a valve shaft; thus, ensuring beverages are never exposed to air, the handle lever does not stick, and that the buildup of mold and bacteria in the faucet body is eliminated.
Additional features of Perlick’s 650SS Forward Sealing Flow Control Faucet include:
- Allows for at-the-faucet fine tuning to solve difficult to pour challenges – making it simple to fill growlers and to properly pour a variety of styles of craft beers with varying carbonation levels.
- Every part that comes in contact with beverages is made from 304 sanitary stainless steel, protecting the fragile flavors of craft beer.
- The faucet can be cleaned in place – saving time and money.
- Can be combined with an optional Perlick growler filler tube (GT600) to create a cost effective option for filling growlers with minimal pour off waste.
- A Floating Front Seat features a contoured profile to provide enhanced surface contact for a positive seal.
- Fewer internal parts for better reliability and fewer service calls.
- Fits all standard North American shanks.
To learn more about Perlick’s 650SS Forward Sealing Flow Control Faucet visit perlick.com, to learn more about all winning designs for GOOD DESIGN 2014 visit chi-athenaeum.org, and for the latest news and announcements regarding NAFEM visit thenafemshow.org.
Family owned since 1917, Perlick’s award-winning commercial product lines have maximized the profitability of the world’s finest restaurants, bars, stadiums, hotels and resorts. As a Milwaukee, Wisconsin, based manufacturer, Perlick is dedicated to providing innovative, customizable food and beverage storage and serving solutions. To learn more, visit perlick.com or call 800-558-5592.