With an EMR, practitioners have the tools at their fingertip to work more efficiently, improve patient care, and increase cash flow for a profitable practice now and in the future.
Denville, NJ (PRWEB) September 30, 2013
“It’s essential that physical therapists think like business owners instead of medical providers to ensure the viability of their practice and an EMR provides the tools to accomplish that. Efficiently running clinics experience exponential growth, better patient outcomes, and lower administrative costs,” said Chhoda.
An EMR places a multitude of information at the fingertips of practitioners, from demographics for marketing purposes, tools to evaluate staffing requirements, and determine the most opportune time to expand into other markets. He said embracing the features embodied in an EMR enables practitioners to better utilize all their available resources.
Chhoda noted the following advantages of an EMR for practice management.
- Verify a client’s eligibility, limits and caps before their appointment;
- Schedule staff to meet peak patient times and the need for specific services;
- More accurate coding to virtually eliminate reimbursement denials and questions;
- Ascertain the best payers for increased revenues;
- Electronic medical billing that’s transmitted in real time for faster reimbursement turnarounds;
- Capture one-time and recurring payments from a client’s checking or savings account, and via debit and credit card;
- Ability to transfer claim funds directly into the practice’s account;
- Have the capability to connect with healthcare facilities, medical providers and pharmacies to accelerate treatment options and patient care;
- Determine auspicious times for expansion into markets that include senior facilities, home care, corporate wellness programs and spas;
- Provide more effective marketing efforts that can be targeted by age, gender, service, location or insurance provider from the information on trends with local and national demographics;
- Digital records are store in the cloud, update instantly, and allow access by multiple providers to facilitate consultations among medical professionals and begin treatments sooner;
- Communicate with clients by phone, mail and email, voice and text message, and a variety of mobile devices through a physical therapy software or EMR patient portal.
- Identify where unknown problems may have entered the clinic, from staff who waste time and those who aren’t working up to expectations to ways to save on office supplies;
Chhoda’s new checklist amply demonstrates the many ways the systems will streamline practices, from patient intake and staffing requirements to collecting reimbursements. With an EMR, practitioners have the tools at their fingertip to work more efficiently, improve patient care, and increase cash flow for a profitable practice now and in the future.
Chhoda’s office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. For more information, visit the website at http://www.emrnews.com.
About Nitin Chhoda
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and an entrepreneur. He is the author of "Physical Therapy Marketing For The New Economy" and "Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics" and is a prolific speaker, writer and creator of products and systems to streamline medical billing and coding, electronic medical records, health care practice management and marketing to increase referrals. He has been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems and the annual Private Practice Summit. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He is also the creator of the Therapy Newsletter and Clinical Contact, both web-based services to help private practices improve communication with patients, delivery better quality of care and boost patient retention.