HOUSTON (PRWEB) June 19, 2019
Pimcore, the leading open-source platform for data and customer experience management, has released the most powerful version of the Pimcore platform, Pimcore 6.0. The updated platform includes a new user interface that seamlessly connects MDM/PIM, DAM, WCM, and digital commerce capabilities to create more advanced and user-friendly experiences quickly and efficiently.
With Pimcore 6.0, Pimcore has upgraded to PHP framework, Symfony 4 Framework. The framework has more than 3,000 contributors, 600,000 developers, and 50 million monthly downloads, which gives Pimcore a more sophisticated and scalable infrastructure for the creation of websites and applications. Symfony 4 makes Pimcore’s open-source offerings stand out even more and helps organizations improve their technical capabilities.
Additional Pimcore 6.0 feature highlights include:
- New User Interface. With the new user interface, the look and feel of the Pimcore platform have been greatly improved and decluttered to enable an enhanced editing experience for administrative users.
- Improved Develop Experience. Source code has been cleaned up and code clutter has been removed. This has provided the opportunity for Pimcore to upgrade to Symfony 4 Framework, the fastest PHP framework available. Leveraging a PHP framework allows developers to turn on and off certain features based on what they need for improved application performance and scalability for different project sizes.
- Access to Pimcore Data Hub for Content-As-A-Service. Data Hub is tightly integrated into the platform update. The tool provides a central graphical user interface (GUI) to transform and prepare data for input and output channels, providing easier connectivity with Content-as-a-Service (CAAS) frontends.
- Faster Mass Data Record Editing in PIM. Pimcore’s advanced Data Objects manage structured data and are compiled into an Object Grid that provides a comprehensive overview when mass editing data records. The updated platform’s column configuration has become more flexible by adding new features such as operators for transforming data, saving and sharing configurations and using custom views for CSV imports.
- Improved content personalization. Pimcore 6.0’s full platform package simplifies users’ ability to personalize content and commerce experiences through Pimcore’s combination of enterprise-grade web content management with its microservices-based digital commerce framework.
“Pimcore 6.0 is one of the most dramatic upgrades to our platform and services we’ve made yet,” said Dietmar Rietsch, CEO, Pimcore. “To remain the leading open-source data management solution, we need to constantly iterate and listen to what our customers want in their digital experiences. This most recent update makes us the predominant open-source digital experience platform available and will play a pivotal role in enterprises’ ability to become leaders in their industry.”
For more information about Pimcore 6.0, click here.
Pimcore is a software vendor for free and open-source customer experience management, digital asset management, product information management, multi-channel publishing and e-commerce software. The company is based in Salzburg, Austria, with offices in Houston, TX, USA and New Delhi, India. For more information, visit http://www.pimcore.com.