Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) March 20, 2014
fishbat, a leader among online marketing companies, discusses how businesses can use Pinterest in five easy steps.
Following a March 11th article posted on Examiner titled “How to start using Pinterest for your business,” Pinterest is starting to become one of the most popular social media platforms. While the majority of its user base consists of middle-aged women, many men and noteworthy brands also use the platform.
Justin Maas, vice president of client relations at fishbat, a leader among online marketing companies, says that small businesses targeting women, or people interested in food or fashion should develop a Pinterest strategy. “While Pinterest may not have a user base as large as Facebook and Twitter, it is not a platform that should be overlooked,” he says. Pinterest has over 70 million users, predominately made up of women. These users are extremely active on this platform. If your business has the potential to create and distribute image heavy content, then Pinterest is the place for you. Many of the pins have to do with fashion and food, two topics popular with female users. If you are in the food or the fashion industry, you should definitely take advantage of Pinterest.”
The article reveals steps to start a Pinterest account for a small business. Maas reviews each one:
1. Create a Pinterest business account. Maas explains, “Having a business account has its benefits over a regular account. Business accounts have exclusive options such as being able to promote pins, and having a ‘Pin it’ button on the company’s website.”
2. Include a ‘Pin it’ button on all of the business’ webpages. “The ‘Pin it’ button, as mentioned in step one, will allow users to promote a product or service they find interesting. Any user who clicks on the pin will be directed to the company’s website,” Maas says.
3. Create different boards for different target markets. “As with all phases of marketing, always keep in mind who you are trying to target with each board you create,” explains Maas.
4. Link Pinterest to Facebook. “This is a great way to help a Pinterest account build followers. All you have to do is introduce your Pinterest fans to an already existing Facebook following,” he says.
5. Keep active! “Pinterest accounts live and die by activity,” Maas concludes. “Users generally have short attention spans, so keep the content flowing!”
fishbat is a full-service digital marketing firm and social media agency dedicated to connecting all types of businesses with their target audiences in the most effective and efficient way. Through innovative strategies in social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), branding, web design, reputation management and public relations, fishbat promotes a consistent and professional online voice for all of its clients.